MontaVista® Software, Inc., the leader in embedded Linux® commercialization, reminded embedded engineers that there is only one week left to register for the Vision 2008 Embedded Linux Developers Conference. Technical sessions will be presented by experts from MontaVista, ACCESS, Emerson Network Power, Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, Motorola, Texas Instruments, Wipro, Xilinx, and other companies. Special events will include a full-day hands-on bootcamp on developing embedded Linux device drivers, a “Streets of San Francisco” strolling dinner and games night, and a Rock Band competition on YouTube.
The Vision 2008 Embedded Linux Developers Conference will be held Oct. 1-3 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, California. Developers who attend Vision 2008 will learn how to work with new technologies such as multicore processors and mobile applications, will meet other developers and industry experts, and will see the breadth of platforms and solutions available for embedded Linux development. Designed for embedded developers and engineers, the Vision 2008 conference is “mainly focused on bare-knuckle Linux development,” as the Agave Mountain blog commented. Information and registration for Vision 2008 is available online.
Last year’s Vision conference was the largest event ever held focused solely on embedded Linux. This year’s Vision 2008 conference will be even larger, presenting more than 40 technical sessions. Speakers and sessions will include:
- Presentations by Freescale Senior Vice President and CTO Lisa T. Su, MontaVista CTO and founder James Ready, and William Mills, CTO of Open Linux Solutions for Texas Instruments
- “Fast Boot: Tips and Techniques for Improving Linux Startup Time” by Christopher Hallinan, author of Embedded Linux Primer, the number one-selling book on embedded Linux
- “Create a Custom SoC on an FPGA Board and Bring up Linux – in under 90 Mins!,” a hands-on lab conducted by Navaneethan Sundaramoorthy, embedded solutions manager of Xilinx
- “Real-Time Linux Programming in a Nutshell” by Klaas van Gend, solutions architect, MontaVista Software
- “Real-Time vs. Real Fast: How to Choose?” by IBM Distinguished Engineer of Open Systems Development Paul McKenney, one of the highest-rated speakers at last year’s Vision conference
- “Managing NAND over a Product Lifecycle” by Matthew Porter, chief software architect, Embedded Alley Solutions
- “The Kernel Report,” by Jonathan Corbet, editor of LWN.net
- A hands-on multicore embedded Linux lab conducted by PTR Group Chief Scientist Mike Anderson
- A complete catalog of Vision 2008 speakers and sessions is available online
The Vision 2008 exhibit hall will provide demonstrations of the newest developer tools, products, and technologies from MontaVista, Freescale, Texas Instruments, AMCC, Aonix, Birdstep Technology, Cavium Networks, CoWare, Datalight, Emerson Network Power, Enea, Open Kernel Labs, Oracle, Tail-f, Telelogic, Trango, VirtualLogix, Virtutech, and Xilinx.
Quantity discounts on registration fees are available for multiple employees attending from one company. For information on quantity discounts, call Vision admissions at 1 (408) 572-7212.
MontaVista Software, Inc. is the leader in embedded Linux commercialization. MontaVista helps embedded developers get the most out of open source by adding commercial quality, integration, hardware enablement, expert support, and the resources of the MontaVista development community. Because MontaVista customers enjoy faster time to market, more competitive device functionality, and lower total cost, more devices have been deployed with MontaVista than with any other Linux.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries. MontaVista is a registered trademark of MontaVista Software, Inc.