PLDA, the industry leader in the high-speed bus IP market, announced a key design win for its industry-leading AHB-PCIe bridge IP with Victor Company of Japan, Limited. Professional Systems Division (JVC), a leader broadcast, professional and security video and audio equipment. JVC will be utilizing the PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP to provide a robust interconnect solution for its newest professional digital camcorder optional product. The PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP will be used inside the JVC camcorder option to enable connection to an ExpressCard[tm] removable memory card.
The PLDA AHB-PCIe bus interconnect solution enables high speed embedded devices with internal AHB architecture to natively connect to the PCIe bus. This provides some significant advantages for the end device, including:
- Data throughput: The PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP enables significant improvements in data throughput over the AHB interface alone. It delivers transfers up to 250 MB/s to an ExpressCard device.
- Low Power: The PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP is designed to extensively use the low power mode of PCIe, greatly reducing the power requirements of the memory device.
- Small silicon footprint: The PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP offers a very small silicon footprint, designed to match the cost requirements inherent in a high-volume product.
According to Yutaka Itoh, general manager from JVC, “In portable electronic devices such as our professional camcorder, we constantly work to balance functionality and power. The PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP was selected because it uniquely enables the low power mode of PCI Express, helping to optimize our low power design.”
“JVC Professional System Division creates products designed to provide the high-quality look of film, but with the cost and time advantages of digital technology,” commented Jean-Yves Brenna, CEO of PLDA, “It is a key corporate goal for PLDA to produce quality IP products that enable advances in technologies such digital video technology and we are pleased to be able to work with JVC to achieve that goal.”
About the PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP
The PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP is fully PCI Express 1.1 compatible. Key features include:
- 32-bit AHB master and slave interfaces, compliant with AMBA specification rev. 2.0
- AHB frequency is user selected
- ExpressCard and ExpressCard 2 specifications are fully supported
- Low power – Los, ASPM L1 and L2 enabled for maximum power savings
Product Availability: The PLDA AHB-PCIe Bridge IP product is available to ASIC and FPGA customers today. Please contact PLDA directly for immediate evaluation.
PLDA designs and sells a wide range of ASIC and FPGA IP solutions including bus controllers, bridges and audio/video IP. The company offers complete solutions, including IP cores, hardware, software, consulting services, and comprehensive technical support provided directly by the IP designers. Founded in 1996 and profitable since its inception, PLDA is privately owned. The company maintains offices in San Jose, California and Aix-en-Provence, France and has a strong international distribution network.