The universal, standalone in-system programmer specifically designed for the production environment (FlashRunner) now fully supports Freescale MPC5000 microcontrollers. FlashRunner is a high-performance, standalone in-system programmer specific for Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. FlashRunner is targeted at production environments, easily integrates into your programming system or Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), and can work either in full standalone mode or controlled by a host system.
FlashRunner boasts programming algorithms that are as fast as target device’s memory technology limit. The MPC5000 family, built on Power Architecture technology, comprises 32-bit microcontroller devices designed for engine management, advanced driver assistance, central body, and gateway applications, offering significant benefits to automotive designers.
FlashRunner erases, blankchecks, programs and verifies a 1.5-MB MPC5553 device in just 66 seconds.
FlashRunner can function autonomously in standalone mode on a production line using scripts stored on its SD card. In addition, it offers both serial and Ethernet connectivity for host system connection and comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and send programming commands, manage SD card files or update the instrument’s firmware.
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint. The following are FlashRunner’s main features:
- Fastest programming algorithms (as fast as target device’s memory technology limit) approved by silicon manufacturers
- Easy ATE integration
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on a memory card)
- Also controllable by any host system via RS-232 or Ethernet
- Supports most ISP protocols (BDM, JTAG, SPI, I2C, MON, ICC, SCI, etc.)
- Flexible, fully configurable
- Compact and robust design for production environments (optoisolated control signals)
- Data integrity guaranteed (every data transfer to/from the host system or Secure Digital card is CRC tagged)
Moreover, FlashRunner’s open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.
More info: SMH Technologies