International SEMATECH Manufacturing Initiative (ISMI) announced that its 20th annual Advanced Equipment Control / Advanced Process Control (AEC/APC) Symposium – one of SEMATECH’s longest running meetings – will be held October 4-8 at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird in Salt Lake City, Utah. Chip manufacturing productivity experts and suppliers will attend the symposium to discuss recent technical advancements in advanced equipment and process control as well as to review SEMI standards and consistency with the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors.
“IC manufacturers are constantly working to improve the reliability and efficiency of their factory operations,” said Brad Van Eck, symposium chair, ISMI. “Reaching the milestone of our 20th successive annual symposium demonstrates the significant value of bringing chip makers and suppliers together to discuss industry trends, share experiences and obtain the latest information about how solutions are being applied around the world.”
Key elements of the AEC/APC Symposium include:
- Keynote speeches from James Moyne, Applied Materials, Alan Weber, Alan Weber & Associates, Inc. and Thomas Mueller, PEER Group GmbH, the industry’s foremost experts on advanced equipment and process control.
- Anthony Toprac, a widely recognized expert in the area of advanced equipment control, will lead the symposium short course, entitled “Introduction to Advanced Run-to-Run and Fault Detection Control in Semiconductor Manufacturing” (October 4).
- Two half-day tutorials, entitled “Practical Aspects of Batch Process Monitoring” and “Multivariate Analysis for Microelectronics Manufacturing: the Right Tools for the Job,” will take place on October 5.
- In-depth technical papers, presented by IC manufacturers, suppliers, and universities, covering fault detection and classification, run-to-run and model-based control, metrology and sensors, standards and strategies and applications in high volume manufacturing.
- A product exhibition, with informative displays from suppliers of software, parts, and factory equipment for automation, processing, metrology and control.
A robust set of poster sessions on topics augmenting the conference sessions.
The AEC/APC Symposium remains open to sponsors, which to date include Applied Materials, Adventa, Inficon, itemic AG, PeerGroup, Tokyo Electron, Verity Instruments, Inc., and Integrated Measurement Association.
ISMI is a global alliance of the world’s major semiconductor manufacturers, dedicated to reducing cost per wafer and ultimately cost per die, through cooperative programs focused on manufacturing effectiveness. ISMI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SEMATECH.