The second annual Portable Design Conference & Exhibition (PDCE ’08) returns to Silicon Valley on September 18, bringing together leading experts to address the most pressing design issues in the electronics industry’s hottest segment. Hosted by Portable Design magazine, PDCE ’08 — a complimentary event at the Wyndham San Jose — will bring to its audience unique technical insights into Portable Power, Mobile Wireless and Consumer Electronics.
James Cathey, Vice President of Business Development, QUALCOMM MEMS Technologies, will deliver the opening keynote, “Leading the Charge on Power: Defining Technology Needs of the Future.” Immediately following, Rodd Novak, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, Peregrine Semiconductor, addresses RF design issues in his keynote, “Integration Strategies for Mobile & Wireless RF Front-Ends.”
The PDCE conference also spotlights two intense panel discussions, both moderated by Portable Design Editor-in-Chief John Donovan. The morning panel — “Portable Power Management — Does It Get Any Better Than This?” — will place seven industry executives in the hot seat:
- Rich Kapusta, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, Actel
- James Bruce, North American Mobile Solutions Manager, ARM
- Markus Levy, President, EEMBC
- Stephen Olsen, Product Marketing Mgr, Embedded Systems, Mentor Graphics
- Ravi Ambatipudi, Product Line Director, Advanced Power Mgmt, National Semiconductor
- Wes Reid, Director, Marketing Dir, Digital & Consumer Products Group, ON Semiconductor
- Steve Leibson, Technology Evangelist, Tensilica
The afternoon panel asks the question, “The Wireless Future — Are We There Yet?” Panelists include:
- Joseph Bousaba, Dir. of Marketing and Business Development, Atheros
- Per Viklund, Technical Director, RF Product Line, Mentor Graphics
- Steve Caldwell, Director, RF Products Division, Microchip
- Rodd Novak, V.P., Marketing & Business Development, Peregrine Semiconductor
- Reza Kasnavi, Vice President of Product Management, Sequoia Communications
- Andrew Hsu, Manager of Technical Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, Synaptics
- Mark Guinther, Senior Product Manager, Wind River
A wide range of afternoon breakout sessions will address numerous aspects of Portable Power, Mobile Wireless and Consumer Electronics.
The Portable Design Conference & Exhibition, its industry Sponsors and stellar conference line-up of Keynotes, Panelists plus Breakout Technical Sessions, promises to deliver an in-depth look into portable designs and what path these key leaders plan to take into the future.
About the RTC Group
The RTC Group has been producing effective, quality industry events for over 21 years. In addition to the worldwide Real-Time & Embedded Computing Conferences (RTECC), the Portable Design Conference & Exhibition steps into the forefront in mid-September 2008. The company also publishes four trade magazines, RTC and COTS Journal, both standard-bearers in the industry, as well as Portable Design and PKG magazines. RTC provides marketing and design services plus scalable custom event programs worldwide. The RTC Group is an international marketing services organization with its corporate offices in Southern California.