Industry leaders will come together at the WiMAX World 2008 Conference & Expo to present their perspectives on the state of WiMAX deployments and new market opportunities. The conference, which is being held September 30 to October 2 at McCormick Place in Chicago, will feature a comprehensive lineup of more than 150 presentations by operators, service providers, vendors and analysts. Executives from Clearwire, Motorola, Intel, Samsung and Nortel are among the many high profile speakers that will be providing audiences with global insights and perspectives on the latest WiMAX deployments, enabling technologies and trends in demand generation.
“This year has seen some significant breakthroughs as industry leaders demonstrate their commitment to moving WiMAX forward as the mobile broadband solution of choice,” said Eliot Weinman, conference founder, co-chair, and president of Trendsmedia. “Great strides have been made in terms of standards development, vendor support and industry collaboration; and we have already witnessed a large number of successful deployments in various regions around the world. WiMAX World 2008 will be the largest WiMAX event ever held, and will provide an ideal opportunity for stakeholders and those interested in this growing market to hear first-hand about the latest developments and meet with the entire ecosystem of WiMAX business and technology executives.”
Keynote speakers for WiMAX World 2008 include:
- Ron Resnick, President and Chairman of the WiMAX Forum will address the state of the WiMAX market, certification efforts and WiMAX Forum initiatives
- Ben Wolff, CEO of Clearwire will showcase the new Clearwire and its latest initiatives in supporting WiMAX deployment
- Dan Moloney, president of Motorola Home & Networks Mobility’s presentation will outline the latest developments on the 4G front
- Siavash M. Alamouti, CTO of Intel Corporation’s Mobility Wireless Group will present Intel’s perspective on a technology roadmap for mobile Internet
- Scott Wickware, General Manager, WiMAX for Nortel will discuss the wireless broadband revolution
- Shankar Prasad, Tata Communication President will provide a first-hand perspective on how WiMAX is driving broadband growth in India
- Hwan Chung, Senior Vice President, Samsung Telecommunications America’s presentation will look at how WiMAX will drive market demand
- Atish Gude, SVP Mobile Broadband Operations for Sprint Nextel’s XOHM Business Unit will provide an overview of the business logistics behind WiMAX delivery
- Tzvika Friedman, CEO, Alvarion will offer an overview of the first commercial rollout of mobile Internet service in the U.S.
- Sue Spradley, President, North America, Nokia Siemens Networks will discuss how WiMAX is reinventing the connected world
WiMAX World 2008, which is expected to showcase more than 200 exhibitors, is supported by more than 375 corporate, media, analyst and association sponsors. Motorola is once again the official corporate host, while Xohm is the flagship service provider. Premier sponsors include Alvarion, Juniper Networks, Nokia Siemens Networks, Nortel, Redline Communications, and Samsung Telecommunications America. Platinum sponsors include Aperto Networks, Cisco Systems, Intel, picoChip, POSDATA, SEQUANS Communications, Siemens Home and Office Communication Devices GmbH; and Telsima Corporation. Gold sponsors include Airspan, Beceem Communications, Bridgewater Systems, Cedar Point Communications, Comsys, DragonWave, Fujitsu Network Communications, GCT Semiconductor, Huawei Technologies, NextWave Wireless, Proximetry, SOMA Networks, Starent Networks, Texas Instruments, WebNet Global Communications, WiChorus, ZyXEL Communications.
About WiMAX World Global Event Series
Now in its fifth year, WiMAX World is the largest global event series focused on WiMAX and mobile broadband. It brings an unbiased viewpoint to the industry, and presents a balanced perspective on the promises and challenges of WiMAX in the context of the broader mobile broadband and mobile internet markets. In 2007, the WiMAX World Global Event Series was supported by virtually every major WiMAX Forum ecosystem player and 350+ corporate, media, association and analyst sponsors. To date, over 20,000 professionals have attended the WiMAX World Global Event Series.