Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), has launched eight new On-Ramp Technical Sessions[tm] featuring programmable solutions from Xilinx®. Avnet subject matter experts are visiting customers across the globe to present the latest On-Ramp Technical Sessions featuring live presentations and demonstrations. On-Ramps are offered free of charge for qualified Avnet customers.
New On-Ramp sessions include:
- Introduction to FPGA Design – Provides an overview of the Xilinx product offering, focused on the low-cost Spartan®-3A family, including an explanation of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) development process using ISE® 10.1 Design Suite.
- Introduction to the MicroBlaze[tm] processor – An introduction to the Xilinx MicroBlaze processor and overview of the MicroBlaze development process using Xilinx Platform Studio 10.1.
- Spartan-3A FPGA Configuration Techniques – Provides an overview of the configuration options for the Spartan-3A family (SPI, BPI, processor, and multi-boot) – including the cost, performance, and architecture trade-offs involved.
- The Cypress PSoC as an FPGA Companion Chip – Demonstrates how Cypress PSoC Mixed Signal Array controllers can be used as a companion chip next to Spartan-3A devices.
- Virtex®-5 FXT Platform PowerPC Processor – An overview of the PowerPC 440 processor core, embedded in the new Xilinx Virtex-5 FXT FPGA family. Participants will learn how to create a PowerPC system using the Xilinx Base System Builder wizard.
- Virtex-5 FXT Platform GTX Transceiver – Offers participants an overview of the high-speed GTX serial transceiver technology included on the new Xilinx Virtex-5 FXT FPGA family. A step-by-step analysis of the function blocks making up the transceiver is covered and workings of the transmitter, receiver, power, CRC and clocking are also highlighted.
- Embedded Processor Design Using Project Navigator Design Flow – Provides a step-by-step demonstration using the ISE Project Navigator to design an embedded sub-module system using the Avnet Virtex-5 FXT platform evaluation board.
- Virtex-5 LXT & SXT platform PCIe Development Board MIG DDR2 Controller Design – Demonstrates how to create a DDR2 controller using MIG 2.2, port UFC and HDL files to the Avnet Virtex-5 LXT & SXT platform PCIe development board. Participants also learn to implement and utilize the Chipscope[tm] Pro analyzer into their designs.
“On-Ramp Technical Sessions were created for our customers to give them an opportunity to preview the hottest design techniques in a practical one-on-one manner,” said Tim Barber, senior vice president of design chain business development worldwide for Avnet Electronics Marketing. “The new On-Ramps are a great complement to the sessions we launched in February and offer designers a preview of the latest FPGA design technology available from the Spartan-3A and Virtex-5 FXT families.”
About Avnet Electronics Marketing
Avnet Electronics Marketing is an operating group of Phoenix-based Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), a Fortune 500 company. Avnet Electronics Marketing serves electronic original equipment manufacturers (EOEMs) and electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers in more than 70 countries, distributing electronic components from leading manufacturers and providing associated design-chain and supply-chain services.
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT) is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and technology services and solutions with more than 300 locations serving more than 70 countries worldwide. The company markets, distributes and optimizes the supply-chain and provides design-chain services for the products of the world’s leading electronic component suppliers, enterprise computer manufacturers and embedded subsystem providers. Avnet brings a breadth and depth of capabilities, such as maximizing inventory efficiency, managing logistics, assembling products and providing engineering design assistance for its 100,000 customers, accelerating their growth through cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2007, Avnet generated revenue of $15.68 billion.