AWR®, the innovation leader in high-frequency electronic design automation (EDA), announced Version 2008 of its Visual System Simulator (VSS) software suite for the end-to-end design and optimization of communications systems. The latest release of VSS significantly enhances the flexibility for users while adding many new features and capabilities.
VSS, an integral part of the AWR Design Environment[tm], allows the impact of “real-world” signal impairments and other factors to be evaluated early in the design cycle when they can be most effectively dealt with. It gives designers the ability to create the best system architecture by optimizing each of its components from the behavioral through component levels in conjunction with AWR’s Microwave Office® software, and then use actual measurements to validate the final design.
Enhancement in VSS 2008 include:
- Sweeping changes to the user interface that dramatically increase designers’ ability to customize the “look and feel” of the suite
- Project, elements, and status window are now fully dockable as well as “floating”
- Windows can be placed in an “auto-hide” mode that makes them disappear shortly after clicking somewhere else on the screen
- Toolbars can be docked along any edge of the main window or floated
- All menus are enhanced to include icons on every toolbar along with a “themed” highlighting style
- Greater capabilities in the RF Budget AnalysisTM and RF Inspector tools
- Additional measurements and improved thermal noise modeling
- Seamless co-simulation with AWR’s Microwave Office design suite including APLAC® harmonic balance simulators
Version 2008 of AWR’s Visual System Simulator is available now. The features described in this press release are just a few of the enhancements incorporated within it. Readers can get more detailed information by calling AWR at (310) 726-3000, or by contacting their local representative.
AWR is the innovation leader in high-frequency EDA software that dramatically reduces development time and cost for products employed in wireless, high-speed wired broadband, aerospace and defense, and electro-optical applications. The company’s core technology is unique among high-frequency EDA platforms in that it is inherently open and flexible. AWR continually strengthens its product portfolio with innovative new technologies that enable faster, more streamlined product development, the most recent of which are the ACE[tm], RFA[tm], and AXIEM[tm] tools. The privately-held company has thousands of users, and is headquartered at 1960 East Grand Avenue, Suite 430, El Segundo, Calif. 90245.
AWR, the AWR logo, the AWR Design Environment, Visual System Simulator, Microwave Office, RF Budget Analysis, RF Inspector, ACE, RFA, APLAC, and AXIEM are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Applied Wave Research, Inc.