AWR®, the innovation leader in high-frequency electronic design automation (EDA), announced the Version 2008 of its Microwave Office® design environment. The release includes more than 100 enhancements and sweeping changes to the user interface that dramatically increase its flexibility for the user.
The user interface of AWR’s Microwave Office tool is widely recognized as the industry’s most intuitive, and the changes within Version 2008 set it even farther apart from its competitors. For example, features such as project, elements, layout tabs, and the status window are now fully dockable and floatable, providing a design environment that is fully configurable to suit personal preferences. This new flexibility streamlines design tasks to save time, maximize useable screen space, provide greater insight into the design, and allow bigger designs to be handled more quickly.
Microwave Office software Version 2008 also now includes enhancements to its unique open environment, including an interface to the popular ICED IC design and verification software tool in addition to the existing Mentor Graphics’ Calibre® solution. It also incorporates improvements to the EM Socket for seamless plug and play with third-party EM tools as well as to AWR’s own ACE[tm] and AXIEM[tm] technologies.
In addition, Microwave Office Version 2008 includes:
- Enhancements to the ACE automatic circuit extraction tool that provide automatic interconnect modeling of transmission lines and the ability to tune, optimize, and perform yield analysis.
- APLAC® harmonic balance and optional time-domain simulators that improve the performance of highly nonlinear and complex designs.
- Optional AXIEM planar 3D EM analysis for upfront design optimization and post-layout verification.
- Support for parameterized subcircuit layouts as part of the overall design, including tuning, optimization, and yield analysis.
- New plotting capabilities that allow a measurement to be plotted versus any other measurement, such as power-added efficiency versus output power.
Version 2008 of the Microwave Office design environment is available now. The features described above are just a few of the enhancements incorporated within it.
AWR is the innovation leader in high-frequency EDA software that dramatically reduces development time and cost for products employed in wireless, high-speed wired broadband, aerospace and defense, and electro-optical applications. The company’s core technology is unique among high-frequency EDA platforms in that it is inherently open and flexible. AWR continually strengthens its product portfolio with innovative new technologies that enable faster, more streamlined product development, the most recent of which are the ACE, RFA[tm], and AXIEM tools. The privately-held company has more than 20,000 active users, and is headquartered at 1960 East Grand Avenue, Suite 430, El Segundo, Calif. 90245.
Applied Wave Research, Inc. AWR, the AWR logo, Microwave Office, ACE, RFA, APLAC, and AXIEM are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Applied Wave Research, Inc. Calibre is a registered trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation.