Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR) and the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity[tm], will introduce new products and showcase its leading portfolio of AdvancedTCA® and MicroTCA[TM] open standards-based systems and modules at NXTcomm08, being held June 16 – 19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
Demonstrating its leadership in AdvancedTCA (ATCA®) and MicroTCA, the Embedded Computing business of Emerson Network Power (booth #SU 8716), will exhibit the wide range of potential applications for its extensive AdvancedTCA and MicroTCA portfolio.
In line with a growing trend of information and content processing, Emerson Network Power is showcasing the range of options open to adopters of AdvancedTCA platforms whose applications require significant data and information storage. This includes both in-shelf and externally-connected storage options, and particularly features inter-working with scalable storage arrays from EMC, the recognized leader in managed storage solutions. The company also will demonstrate the next generation of XML-based network management software from Tail-f.
The demonstration is hosted on the latest AdvancedTCA technology including Emerson Network Power’s high performance Centellis 4620 16-slot platform and the innovative Centellis 2000 two-slot platform and features Wind River PNE-LE Carrier Grade Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems. The demonstration also includes content from the vibrant ATCA ecosystem including Astute Networks’ 10GbE ATCA iSCSI server blade and SANBlaze Technology’s ATCA SAS JBOD carrier and AMC drives.
Emerson Network Power is unveiling a concept for a rapidly deployable computing solution for the network edge. The concept illustrates the ability to supply everything from the power inlet to the network outlet including switchgear, power conversion, cooling, racking, and embedded computing technology based on the AdvancedTCA open standard.
An additional display will include:
- Emerson Network Power’s revolutionary Centellis 500, a completely tested and validated MicroTCA system that uses innovative plastic packaging, and Emerson’s MicroTCA Carrier Hub and high performance processor module.
- ATCA-9301 – a powerful ATCA blade that incorporates many-core technology developed for high-bandwidth packet processing applications, featuring two Cavium Networks OCTEON[TM] sixteen-core processors with built-in hardware acceleration engines, designed to deliver 10Gbps packet forwarding throughput.
- ATCA-7150 – a high performance processing blade for telecom server and compute applications, featuring two dual-core Intel® Xeon® processors LV, up to 32GB main memory and flexible on-board mass storage options.
- ATCA-7301 – a 10Gbps processor blade designed to enable network equipment providers (NEPs) to implement a variety of data plane and control applications on a single blade. Featuring the Intel® Core[tm] 2 Duo processor T7400 running at 2.16 GHz, and supported by up to 16GB DDR2 memory, two AMC sites, and 10 Gbps Ethernet interfaces for high performance and high throughput.
- AMC-9210 – Based on the Cavium OCTEONTM Plus high-performance, multi-core processor architecture, the AMC-9210 is ideal for addressing the growing need for wire-speed packet processing solutions.
- PrAMC-7210 – Designed for applications that require dual-core Intel© Architecture performance, scalability, manageability and low cost, and features a 1.5GHz Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo processor with support for memory sizes up to 4GB.
- PrAMC-6210 – Uses the Freescale MPC8641D microprocessor based on Power ArchitectureTM technology to provide modular, upgradeable, computing power for telecommunications applications such as protocol processing, packet processing, data management and I/O management.
- KSI-8560 – Serves as a general purpose processor AMC or a high-density WAN I/O AMC and provides NEPs with a cost-effective and powerful modular processing element with its on-board Freescale PowerQUICC® III MPC8560 processor.
- A new high performance ATCA blade being introduced at the show also will be displayed.
In the PICMG Booth (#SL5909), Emerson Network Power will be demonstrating:
- The recently announced SpiderWareM3 platform management software designed for remote management, monitoring and maintenance of multiple IPMI-compatible platforms will be demonstrated on the Centellis 500 and Centellis 1000 MicroTCA systems as a proof point to enabling industry interoperability.
- Along with Tail-f Systems, Emerson Network Power will demonstrate ConfD managing networking applications running on an Emerson ATCA-7150 processor blade with dual Intel Xeon processors. The demonstration will show management of access lists, key chains, logging, route maps, as well as Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing modules. The complete demonstration will be housed in the Centellis 4100, an ATCA standards-based platform specifically designed to address the requirements of the next generation of telecommunications industry applications with 10Gbps Ethernet switching technology.
Other Emerson products being highlighted include the NetSure[tm] 801 Series DC Power Systems, the NetSpan[tm] Series of Fiber Distribution Hubs and Pedestals and the NetXtend[tm] Integrated Fuel Cell Enclosure solution.
About Emerson Network Power
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR), is the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity[tm] from grid to chip for telecommunication networks, data centers, health care and industrial facilities. Emerson Network Power provides innovative solutions and expertise in areas including AC and DC power and precision cooling systems, embedded computing and power, integrated racks and enclosures, power switching and controls, monitoring, and connectivity. All solutions are supported globally by local Emerson Network Power service technicians.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses.
Business-Critical Continuity, Emerson Network Power and the Emerson Network Power logo are trademarks and service marks of Emerson Electric Co. AdvancedTCA and ATCA are registered trademarks, and AdvancedMC and MicroTCA are trademarks of the PCI Industrial Computers Manufacturers Group.