Ronetix announced the availability of the new firmware of its high speed, low cost JTAG/BDM Emulator and Flash Programmer. The new firmware adds support of debugging and FLASH programming of PowerQUICC II Pro MPC83XX family from Freescale. The PowerQUICC II Pro MPC83XX family is based on PowerPC e300 core and operates at a maximum clock of 667MHz and is mainly used in high-end network applications.
Now PEEDI can be used for high speed GNU gdb debugging and Flash Programming of all ARM7, ARM9, ARM11 and XScale based MCUs, Freescale Nexus enabled PowerPC, MPC83XX, ColdFire and Blackfin based CPUs.
Because of its built-in GNU gdb support, PEEDI can be used with any GNU gdb based debugger (like Insight, Eclipse) without any additional software which makes PEEDI host operating system independent.
The built-in Flash Programmer of PEEDI supports programming of over 900 NOR Flash devices and 8-bit and 16-bit NAND Flash devices connected to a MPC83XX CPU via the JTAG interface.
PEEDI offers various methods for ECC calculating including bad block management and clean markers: hardware ECC using the MPC8313 NAND Flash controller, standard software ECC for JFFS2, ECC for YAFFS2 and more.
PEEDI supports several flash profiles, which enables the programming of a complete Linux system at once: U-BOOT, Linux Kernel and JFFS2 root file system.
Among the advantages of PEEDI are:
- Multi core support – up to 4 cores
- Built-in support for gdb (remote target via Ethernet)
- Very high real download speed – up to 1.25 Mbytes/s
- 5 kHz – 33MHz JTAG/BDM clock using 35cm standard cable
- Automatic measuring and compensating of delays in the JTAG signals
- Target Voltage 1.2V – 5V
- Built-in telnet command line interface
- Built-in very fast Flash programmer that supports over 900 Flash devices
- Can be used as a standalone Flash Programmer, up to 15 images can be stored on MMC/SD card, controlled by front panel interface
- Small robust aluminum case
- DCC over TCP support
Ronetix supplies complete software toolkits, flash programmers intelligent debug probes and development boards for the ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, XScale, PowerPC, ColdFire and Blackfin technology implementations. The Company headquarters are in Vienna, Austria. For sales information on RONETIX’s products contact email@example.com