Ralink Technology Corporation, a leading developer of 802.11x chipsets, announced the industry’s first 802.11n single chip AP (Access Point)/routers SoC (System On Chip) with integrated five-port 10/100 Ethernet Switch and PHY. The RT3052 is an 802.11 b/g/n, 2T2R single chip with USB OTG, RGMII, SPI, PCM, I2C and UART interfaces and RT3050 is an 802.11 b/g/n, 1T1R (1 Transmit 1 Receive) single chip with USB interface.
Succeeding Ralink’s previous generation of AP/Router intelligent NIC (Network Interface Card) SoC, both RT3052 and RT3050 boast a more powerful MIPS24KEc processor, which enables them to process advanced applications such as Broadband routing, Ethernet to Wi-Fi bridges, VoIP, Online gaming, Home Entertainment and more.
RT3052 and RT3050 are complete SoC solutions with a high level of integration that accelerates time-to-market and reduce development costs for 802.11n AP/router manufacturers. Ralink’s RT3052 2T2R architecture delivers data rates of 300 Mbps and maintains wireless connections over a larger coverage area than other 802.11n solutions. Ralink’s RT3050 1T1R architecture is an ideal leverage for manufactures who are looking to replace their 802.11g AP/routers with 802.11n.
“Market is demanding smaller form factor and lower BOM cost for the router devices. Increasing the integration level is the only way to meet the requirement,” said Frank Lu, IC design manager at Ralink Technology. “We are proud to overcome the challenges of heat dissipation and interference among various analog blocks when integrating multiple RF transceivers and Ethernet PHY in the same die.”
RT3052 and RT3050 Technical Information
- Embedded 2.4G CMOS Radio
- Embedded MAC/BBP with MLD (Maximum Likelihood Decoding) for optimal decoding performance
- RDG (Reverse Direction Grant) and Compressed Block ACK for more robust data packet transmission
- 300 Mbps Physical Data Rate
- 1T1R mode for RT3050 and 1T1R/1T2R/2T2R modes for RT3052
- 20 and 40 MHz channel width
- Up to 256 clients
- Multiple BSSID (up to 8) (Basic Service Set Identifiers)
- WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) 64/128/ WPA (WiFi Protected Access) and WPA2 for latest security
- WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) for ease of use
- QoS (Quality of Service) WMM (WiFi multimedia), WMM-PS (Power Save)
- 802.11d+h International Regulatory Compliance
- Hardware frame aggregation
- 16/32-bit SDR SDRAM up to 64 Mbytes
- Embedded a 7-port Ethernet Switch and a 5-port 10/100
- 5 10/100 UTP ports and 1 RGMII/MII port (RT3052)
- Hardware NAT, QoS, TCP/UDP/IP Checksum offloading
- 14mmx14mm TFBGA-289 Package
RT3052 and RT3050 802.11n AP SoC reference design kit includes complete turnkey mobile Wi-Fi solutions including software driver support for the Microsoft® Windows® Vista and Linux 2.6. Samples are slated for June 2008. Pricing is available upon request. For more information please contact Sales.
About Ralink Technology Corporation
Ralink Technology Corporation is a leading innovator and developer of wireless LAN chipset solutions. Ralink 802.11x chips are recognized for superior throughput, extended range, low-power consumption and consistent reliability demanded by Wi-Fi, mobile and embedded applications. These feature-rich chipsets have a high level of chip integration for client and AP solutions for CB, miniPCI, PCI, PCIe and USB interfaces, enabling customers to build smaller and more sophisticated mobile wireless products cost-effectively. Ralink’s patented MIMObility[tm] technology extends Wi-Fi applications from traditional PC networking to a range of digital multimedia and handheld devices including cell phones, PDAs, cameras, print servers, HDTV and video game players. Ralink customers can look forward to continuous improvements in speed, bandwidth and reliability with 802.11n solutions for next-generation high-performance Wi-Fi. Ralink Technology was founded in 2001 with headquarters in Hsinchu, Taiwan and an R&D center in Cupertino, California. For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.