Trendsmedia announced that industry-leading vendors will be showcasing breakthrough WiMAX products, services and technologies at the 2008 WiMAX World EMEA Conference & Expo taking place May 19 to 21 at the ICM, in Munich. “WiMAX World EMEA is an important independently produced event that brings together WiMAX industry ecosystem leaders from throughout the EMEA region,” said Eliot Weinman, conference founder, co-chair, and president of Trendsmedia. “WiMAX World EMEA facilitates an effective forum for collaboration among operators, vendors and content providers. Participation by industry-recognized thought leaders, ground breaking product announcements and a host of informative sessions and demonstrations make this the WiMAX ecosystem’s ‘must attend’ event in the EMEA region.”
WiMAX World EMEA 2008 exhibitors and sponsors with WiMAX related news/product announcements include:
- MITSUMI AND SEQUANS COMMUNICATIONS are announcing that Mitsumi, leading system-in-package module maker, is the first to use SEQUANS’ newest chip, the SQN1170 to develop and SDIO module comprising full Mobile WiMAX system functionality. The Mitsumi SDIO module measures a mere 400mm2, integrating with the SQN1170 all components necessary to deliver full Mobile WiMAX system functionality.
- REDLINE COMMUNICATIONS will introduce its new outdoor radio, the latest component in its RedMAX 4C Mobile WiMAX family of products. The light-weight radio head enables carriers to reduce the environmental impact of their network infrastructure on the environment, and allows more flexibility in their network deployments.
- SEQUANS COMMUNICATIONS will be launching its newest chip, the SQN1170, which integrates baseband, RF, and memory in a single chip. The SQN1170 measures 12x12mm2 and delivers high throughput of more than 30 Mbps with very low power, consuming less than 600mW total power in peak MIMO mode.
- SIEMENS HOME AND OFFICE COMMUNICATION DEVICES is expanding its portfolio of WiMAX end-user devices with the addition of a new outdoor modem. The Gigaset SE680 WiMAX, which is based on the IEEE 802.16-2005 standard, complies with Wave 2 specifications, including MIMO A and B, and supports beamforming.
- TRANZEO WIRELESS will showcase its new feature-rich WiMAX pico-base station and subscriber unit equipment for the 3.5GHz licensed band, which features the AirSync[tm] network management and provisioning software tools from partner Proximetry and delivers a price-performance breakthrough so customers can truly ‘Communicate Without Boundaries.’
- WAVESAT is debuting the Odyssey[tm] chipset. Based on Wavesat’s proprietary CMOS architecture and featuring a small form factor, low power consumption and ultra high-speed processing power for the new triple play wireless designs, the Odyssey economically supports Mobile WiMAX Wave 2 and future 4G wireless technologies such as LTE.
WiMAX World EMEA 2008 exhibitors and sponsors who will be holding live WiMAX demonstrations include:
- KEITHLEY INSTRUMENTS a world leader in advanced electrical test instrumentation and systems from DC to RF, is demonstrating sophisticated and technology leading MIMO test system solutions with unique hardware synchronization and software capabilities at booth #214.
- NETCRAFT AUSTALIA will be performing a demonstration of their innovative Billing software package, TARKA on Tuesday May 20th and Wednesday May 21st at 14:00 in Booth #210.
- NOKIA SIEMENS NETWORKS will show on their stand #305 live demonstrations and presentations about their end to end mobile WiMAX solution; Flexi WiMAX Base Station, ASN Gateway, WiMAX Core Network, WiMAX Operation and Management, services and terminals.
WiMAX World is the largest and most established global event devoted to WiMAX. This week’s event will draw 2,000+ attendees, and feature more than 100 exhibitors and sponsors — including 35 WiMAX operators and service providers — and more than 80 thought-provoking speakers. Keynote addresses, conference tracks and educational sessions will be centered on two key WiMAX themes: Mobility and the WiMAX Ecosystem.
About WiMAX World EMEA 2008 Conference & Expo
Now in its third year, WiMAX World EMEA Conference & Expo is the largest regionally held event focused on WiMAX and mobile broadband. WiMAX World EMEA Conference & Expo is dedicated to providing a balanced view of where WiMAX stands today and what role it will play in the future of one of the fastest-growing market segments in the world — wireless and mobile broadband. Last year over 2,000 professionals registered.
Trendsmedia is the events and publishing division of Yankee Group Research, Inc. Our mission is to help our clients stay ahead of the major technology trends that are likely to impact their businesses significantly. Trendsmedia provides their clients with independently researched and produced media products that target emerging technology markets in depth, including focused conferences, independently produced online media, and in-depth newsletters.