CoFluent Design, Inc., an electronic system level (ESL) company that delivers model-based software solutions for early system architecture exploration and performance analysis, announced that Sensata Technologies, a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors and controls for transportation, industrial and appliance applications, selected CoFluent Studio[tm] for the development of its new camera system aimed at automotive and security applications.
“When designing a vision camera system, decisions made at the architectural level have a great impact on the cost and quality of the final design,” said Jean-Pierre Giacalone, DSP Lead Architect of the Automotive Sensor Products Group. “It is nearly impossible to make architectural changes late in the design cycle. CoFluent Studio was the only solution that enabled our design team to optimize its next-generation image sensing architecture early in the design cycle.”
Sensata’s goal was to evaluate how components from a previous design could be merged into a single system-on-chip (SoC). This required the design team to determine the proper partition between components, as well as their distribution to the DSP and FPGA.
While spreadsheets provide theoretical, static best-and worst-case figures, CoFluent Studio allowed Sensata to observe and analyze dynamic profiles of the system’s significant properties in the context of realistic use cases.
CoFluent Studio enabled Sensata to:
- Locate potential bottlenecks that required multi-stage pipelines
- Determine utilization for each function with varying pipeline length
- Compare dynamic memory utilization across architectures
- Determine effects of processor speed on dynamic power consumption
- Find the number of processing engines needed to meet timing requirements
- Optimize the trade-off between memory size, power consumption, and cost
“CoFluent Studio’s unique modeling and simulation solution enabled the Sensata design team to achieve the higher accuracy in specification needed to accelerate and simplify development,” indicated Stephane Leclercq, Chief Executive Officer of CoFluent Design. “Higher confidence during the specification phase results in better quality of results during development and implementation.”
About Sensata Technologies
Sensata Technologies is one of the world’s leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions across a broad array of industries and markets. Sensata’s products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air conditioning, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
About CoFluent Design
CoFluent Design provides integrated solutions to bridge the gap between the specification of an electronic system and its implementation. Its CoFluent Studio[tm] ESL modeling and simulation software environment allows developers of electronic devices and chips to:
- DECIDE: Securely predict behavior and performance from partial software and hardware for design validation at all stages
- SHARE: Provide system executable specifications rather than static documents for common hardware / software reference
- CAPITALIZE: Capture projects’ system design expertise in enterprise model libraries for easier and faster innovation