The RapidIO® Trade Association, dedicated to driving the development and adoption of the RapidIO interconnect standard, will sponsor a half-day RapidIO Technology Tutorial on May 30, 2008, from 8:30 a.m. to noon, during the MicroTCA Summit in Washington D.C. The half-day event will include presentations from leading members of the RapidIO eco-system that are implementing designs with RapidIO technology.
- “Serial RapidIO for Wireless Communication Fabrics in MicroTCA” by CommAgility
- “Is There a Value Proposition for RapidIO Technology in Today’s Multicore SoCs?” by Freescale Semiconductor
- “Bridging the Gap from Baseband to Antenna: Serial RapidIO to Common Public Radio Interface (CPRI)” by IDT
- “Deploying RapidIO in MicroTCA Systems” by Mercury Computer Systems
- “Design Implementation of RapidIO Technology in Wireless Infrastructure Subsystems” by Texas Instruments
- “Using RapidIO Backplanes in MicroTCA Systems in the Context of Wireless and Military Applications” by Tundra Semiconductor
- “Why Serial RapidIO is the Fabric of Choice for Distributed Multi-processing” by VMETRO
In addition, the RapidIO Trade Association will be exhibiting in Booth 321. The MicroTCA Summit brings together vendors and end-users to discuss the latest practical information and trends regarding MicroTCA. Attendees will gain important information on the MicroTCA spec that can handle the latest processors, the newest interfaces, the most demanding high-availability applications, and the latest next-generation wireless networks.
About the RapidIO Standard
The RapidIO Trade Association enables, supports and drives the development of the RapidIO ecosystem, and provides the information and resources OEMs need to deliver better solutions, faster. Membership in the RapidIO Trade Association provides the inside track on information, the opportunity to shape specifications, access to pooled resources, and superior overall market awareness.