Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions, offers two powerful Industrial switches with high port densities, 16-port 10/100TX + 2 port Gigabit copper with SFP ports. Increased use of bandwidth has created significant demands for Gigabit Ethernet technology. In order to provide an infrastructure that will handle this increasing traffic, the need for using Gigabit speeds for critical connections is required. Ethernet Direct offers two selections of Gigabit switches – HMG-1628 comes in SNMP Managed Gigabit switch while HUG-1628 is an unmanaged Gigabit switch.
HMG-1628 and HUG-1628 Industrial Gigabit Ethernet switches are engineered with state of the art design that supports both Gigabit SX and LX or flexible SFP form factor to keep your network secured, reliable and a good choice for scalable backbone construction. The innovative SFP fiber slot design provides user the flexibility to insert different fiber modules, either multi-mode or single-mode at various distances, whether you require typical 10km or overhaul 40 km and 80 km distances. This gives a large degree of flexibility and scalability depending on the user’s requirement and also leads to significant cost savings.
The dual power inputs (12 to 48 VDC) is designed for redundant power configurations to ensure system uptime. In the event a problem occurs with external power, a built-in fault relay is available to signal an external programmable logic controller (PLC) or other controllers.
Ease of installation and maintenance to withstand longer product life is a key consideration for Ethernet Direct. Each Ethernet port is equipped with LED indicators that provide transmission speed, link, and activity status to give support in diagnostics especially with cables and attached devices. While with auto-MDI/MDI-X, there is no need to use crossover cables, and auto-negotiation provides optimum Ethernet link configurations.
In the SNMP managed version, HMG-1628 offers excellent management features that help to keep your network running hassle free and can automatically detect the Gigabit cable connections priority for each Gigabit port.
Major features of Industrial Gigabit Switches
- Flexible Port Density with 16 10/100Base-TX and 2 Gigabit RJ-45/SFP combo, (10/100/1000Base-TX, 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-LX, or 100Base-FX)
- Superb Power design which supports wide range power redundancy, Input Power Isolation passing Hi-Pot 1.5KV isolation, power polarity reverse protection, overload current protection, EFT protection over 3000 VDC for power line, and 6000 VDC Ethernet ESD protection
- Supports wide operating temperature
- Supports Rigid Aluminum Case complying with the IP31 class of protection, DIN-Rail, Wall-Mounting and Desktop Installation
- Supports SFP design to provide lower costs of ownership
- HME-1628: 16 10/100TX + 2 port Gigabit copper / SFP Managed industrial switch
- HUG-1628: 16 10/100TX + 2 port Gigabit copper / SFP Unmanaged industrial switch
- SFP-SXLC: SFP 850nm Multimode transceiver
- SFP-LX-LC-10: SFP 1310nm Single mode transceiver, 10 km
- SFP-LHX-LC-40: SFP 1550nm Single mode transceiver, 40 km
- SFP-ZX-LC-80: SFP 1550nm Single mode transceiver, 80 km
About Ethernet Direct Corporation
Ethernet Direct brings a control system engineering perspective to networking technology. The principals of Ethernet Direct come from process-control and PLC system backgrounds. The Global Ethernet Direct team covers operations from Product know-how, design implementation, quality assurance, manufacturing, logistics, sales, marketing & technical support. We are well-positioned to fulfill customers’ needs and markets’ demands by providing a great variety of tailor-made products and services. When you work with us, you will experience confidence and dependability. By choosing Ethernet Direct, you have chosen excellence & long-term commitment.