Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) announced that its full range of embedded processing and XtremeDSP(TM) solutions, including recently announced silicon and software products will be showcased at the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) in Silicon Valley. An ESC Gold Sponsor, Xilinx participation includes hands-on workshops, technical presentations and exhibitor booth.
Designers can experience first-hand the power and flexibility of Xilinx(R) Virtex(R) and Spartan(R) platform FPGAs for embedded system and DSP applications at the Xilinx workshops. Industry experts from Xilinx and its ecosystem providers are also presenting ESC technical sessions on multi-processor architectures, reconfigurability for embedded system development, high-speed communication protocols, and high-performance DSP design.
Pre-Register for Free, Hands-On Workshops
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Xilinx workshops, ESC attendees are urged to sign-up in advance for the 90-minute workshops. A free development kit will be raffled at each session. Visit the Xilinx registration desk at ESC booth #1138 to be added to the onsite wait list:
- Build Linux OS Applications with the MicroBlaze Processor In this workshop, designers can learn how to build a customized embedded Linux operating system application using the Xilinx(R) MicroBlaze(TM) processor on a low-cost Spartan-3 FPGA to create a flexible, custom microcontroller design with Ethernet interface and configure, build and boot Linux on the board. Tuesday, April 15, 9 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
- Advances in PowerPC Processor Embedded Development on Virtex FPGAs An overview of Virtex-5 FXT FPGA enhanced PowerPC(R) 440 processor system architecture, performance advantages, co-processor acceleration, and Xilinx solutions for system implementation and debug. Using Xilinx tools, designers will learn how to implement a PowerPC processor system and software application utilizing a coprocessor accelerator. Wednesday, April 16, 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m.
- Building Flexible Signal Processing Applications with XtremeDSP Solutions Designers can learn more about high-level design techniques for building video applications using the new XtremeDSP solution Video Starter Kit — Spartan-3A DSP FPGA Edition. Designers will leave the workshop understanding how to use System Generator for DSP to build a video processing pipeline and then connect to the MicroBlaze processor using Platform Studio.
Thursday, April 17, 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m.
In-Booth Theater Presentations Every 30 Minutes Informative theatre-style presentations in Xilinx booth #1138 every half hour will cover innovations in Platform FPGAs, Digital Signal and Embedded Processing design.
- “Introducing the Virtex-5 FXT Platform with Integrated PowerPC 440 Processor”
- “Advances in PowerPC Processor Embedded Development on Virtex FPGAs”
- “Linux OS Applications with the MicroBlaze Processor”
- “Developing Video Applications on Spartan-3A DSP FPGAs”
Product Demonstrations in Xilinx Booth #1138
Xilinx will demonstrate next-generation embedded processing solutions that deliver enhanced system-level performance, design flexibility and increased productivity for a broad range of applications.
- Virtex-5 FXT Platform with Integrated PowerPC 440 Processor — The Ultimate System Integration Platform
- Low-Cost Embedded Linux Solutions with the MicroBlaze Processor
- XtremeDSP Solutions — Leading the way in High Performance, Configurable Signal Processing
- Award Winning Design Tools — Introducing the ISE(R) Design Suite 10.1
Technical Conference Papers
- Innovations in Configurable Embedded Processing System Architectures
- J1 Convention Center: ESC 222, Dan Isaacs, Tuesday, April 15, 8:30 a.m.-10 a.m., Xilinx
- Optimizing Embedded Linux Using HW/SW Co-Design
- Marriot Salon 5 & 6: ESC 431, Thursday, April 17, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Xilinx
- Intro to CPLD & FPGA Design
- J1 Convention Center: ESC 242 Pt 1, Tuesday, April 15, 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m., Avnet
- J1 Convention Center: ESC 262 Pt 2, Tuesday, April 15, 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m., Avnet
- Implementing Processors & DSP Functionality within FPGAs
- J1 Convention Center: ESC 305 Pt 1, Wednesday, April 16, 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m., Avnet
- J1 Convention Center: ESC 325 Pt 2, Wednesday, April 16, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Avnet
ESC is where the global design engineering community gathers to learn, collaborate and celebrate innovation. Held in Silicon Valley, Boston and India, the Embedded Systems Conference empowers the global design engineering community with hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities.
XILINX, the Xilinx Logo, Virtex, Spartan, ISE and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries.
Xilinx is the worldwide leader in complete programmable logic solutions.