The third annual WiMAX World EMEA Conference & Expo is expected to bring together over 2,000+ professionals from some of the most exciting and fastest-growing companies in the world as well as from the large and active WiMAX Forum membership community. The conference will take place May 19-21, 2008, at the ICM Munich, Germany.
The conference will kick off with keynote speakers Peter Ziegelwagner, WiMAX Telecom Managing Director and CTO, and Karim El Nagger, Vice President WiMAX Product Group of Alcatel-Lucent. Ziegelwagner will highlight the current state of “WiMAX Deployments in Central Europe”, while Nagger will explore the potential for Mobile WiMAX profitability; “The Path from WiMAX Rev-e Deployment to Cash-Flow Positive.”
WiMAX World EMEA 2008 will also feature daily executive roundtable discussions that will include many of the industry’s leading analysts, service providers, product vendors and WiMAX users. These discussions will assist attendees in understanding issues related to creating successful business models supporting development and deployment of WiMAX networks.
Additional conference keynotes and keynote round table speakers include:
- Scott Wickware, Vice President, Marketing and Strategy, Carrier Networks, Nortel
- Majed Sifri, CEO, Redline Communications
- Nick Ring, Vice President, International Development, Clearwire
- Naeem Zamindar, Vice President, Strategy & Head of Broadband Business Division, Mobilink
- Dr. Mitja Stular, Chief Technology Officer, Mobitel (Telekom Slovenia Group)
- Dr. Alok Sharma, CEO, Telsima
- Ali Afrashteh VP of Access Technologies and WiMAX Development, Sprint Nextel
- Andy McKinnon, WiMAX Principal, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility, Motorola
- Mr. Markku Hollström, Head of Broadband Wireless Product Management, Radio Access, Nokia Siemens Networks
- Roland Fohn Executive Director, Media, Communications & Entertainment, GE Commercial Finance
- Torsten Thiele, Head of Telecoms Finance, Investec Bank
The 40-plus conference sessions and workshops are all geared toward a variety of attendee interests including: business, technical, deployments, case studies and regulatory and spectrum issues, all designed to help attendees gain the know-how and knowledge they need to succeed in WiMAX. The two full days of keynotes, sessions, workshops, and social networking events will allow participants to learn everything related to WiMAX in a relaxed, enthusiastic atmosphere.
As the largest and most established regional event devoted to WiMAX, the WiMAX World EMEA 2008 Conference & Expo will feature 150+ exhibitors and sponsors — including 30+ WiMAX operators.
Attendees can also expect a world-class Expo Hall, featuring dozens of the latest WiMAX gadgets, products, and services from conference sponsors and exhibitors — including: Motorola, Alcatel-Lucent, Nortel, Siemens Home & Office, Redline Communications, Telsima, Xohm WiMAX from Sprint, Cisco, Nokia Siemens Networks, picoChip, Wavesat, Aperto, Arraycom, Ceragon, Proximetry, Sequans Communications, Sun Microsystems, Tranzeo, WiTech and Qualcomm.
In addition to the Mobile Internet World Europe Summit preconference (www.mobilenetx.com), the show will also feature the WiMAX Solutions Theater, which will be located on the exhibition floor during expo hours on May 20-21, 2008. This dedicated solutions stage will feature product briefings from 14+ of the world’s leading solution providers, enabling attendees to evaluate competing technologies in an educational setting.
About WiMAX World EMEA 2008 Conference & Expo
Now in its third year, WiMAX World EMEA Conference & Expo is the largest regionally held event focused on WiMAX and mobile broadband. WiMAX World EMEA Conference & Expo is dedicated to providing a balanced view of where WiMAX stands today and what role it will play in the future of one of the fastest-growing market segments in the world — wireless and mobile broadband. Last year over 2,000 professionals registered.