Event organizers Trendsmedia and Beacon Events announced that leading business executives will be keynoting the 2nd Annual WiMAX World Asia Conference & Expo, to be held in Bangkok, Thailand on March 18-20, 2008. WiMAX World Asia is the only independently run event focused on the entire WiMAX and mobile Internet industry, and features over three days of comprehensive program and more than 80 speakers and over 75 sponsors and exhibitors.
The WiMAX World Asia program includes keynotes and sessions led by:
- Mr. Worapat Tiewthanom, Deputy Permanent Secretary – Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Thailand
- Berge Ayvazian, Chief Strategy Office, Yankee Group Research
- Daniel H. Cho, Chief Strategy Officer, POSDATA
- Jin-Dae Kim, Ph.D., Vice President, Service Department, Mobile Internet Business Group, Korea Telecom
- Dr. Minsky Luo, Senior Vice President, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd
- Neeraj Sonker, VP and Head, Wireless Engineering and Implementation, VSNL
- Majed Sifri, CEO, Redline Communications
According to Eliot Weinman, Conference Founder, “We are very pleased to announce that we have sold out our exhibit and sponsorship opportunities for our second annual WiMAX World Asia. This year’s event presents three days of unbiased and comprehensive business and technical sessions which includes over 80 speakers. WiMAX World Asia is sponsored by over 75 leading WiMAX suppliers, associations, media and analysts firms, making it the largest independently produced WiMAX and wireless broadband event ever to be held in Asia.”
Confirmed corporate sponsors and exhibitors include: Air Broadband Communications, Altair Semiconductor, ANT Labs, ApaceWave Technologies, Aptilo Networks, Arraycomm, ATDI South Pacific PTY LTD, Axxcelera Broadband, Beceem, Ceragon Networks, Cisco Systems, eServGlobal, Harris Stratex, Motorola Asia Pacific Limited, NexG Technologies (P) Ltd., Nortel, Oscilloquartz SA., POSDATA, Qualcomm, Redline Communications, Runcom Technology Ltd., Sequans Communications, WiChorus Inc., WiNetworks.
Berge Ayvazian, Conference Chair and Chief Strategy Officer of Yankee Group identifies the potential in Asia Pacific, “We forecast WiMAX infrastructure investment of approximately $3 billion in Asia during the next 3 years resulting in a subscriber base of some 11 million by 2011.” Ayvazian adds that at WiMAX World Asia “Yankee Group will be hosting more than 10 newly licensed operators that have yet to commit to specific WiMAX vendors after winning spectrum auctions in Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, New Zealand and Australia.”
WiMAX World Asia features over 40 sessions across a multi-day, multi-track conference, including senior level plenary sessions, operator case studies, technical workshops and business planning sessions. To provide the best learning opportunities to delegates, WiMAX World Asia will host two interactive post congress workshops:
- Workshop 1: Business Models and Implementation. This workshop will delve in-depth into the key issues facing operators and vendors alike as they look to make technology choices and deploy in the high growth Asia market.
- Workshop 2: Planning a Successful WiMAX Network Strategy and Achieve Optimum ROI. This workshop will help delegates determine the best way to deploy WiMAX in their environment and benchmark with leading operators around the world.
WiMAX is on the move. Join us in Bangkok for the latest industry developments.
About WiMAX World Conference & Expo
Now in its fourth year, WiMAX World Conference & Expo is the largest global event series focused on WiMAX and mobile broadband. WiMAX World Conference & Expo is dedicated to providing a balanced view of where WiMAX stands today and what role it will play in the future of one of the fastest-growing market segments in the world — wireless and mobile broadband. In 2007 over 10,000 professionals registered for WiMAX World in the Asia, USA and Europe combined. In 2008, WiMAX World will draw over 15,000 people and 230+ sponsors and exhibitors.