The ninth annual IEEE International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED) announced various keynotes, applicable panels, and pertinent tutorials which will cover critical business, design and verification, manufacturing challenges, and innovative technologies. Several confirmed keynote speakers, industry luminaries, and experts representing AMD, Cadence Design Systems, Chartered Semiconductor, Freescale, IBM, M2000, Magma Design Automation, Mentor Graphics, Microsoft, Ponte Solutions, Qualcomm, Virage Logic, Synopsys and many universities, will be highlighting current trends, challenging issues, and successful methodologies in respect to quality in electronic design. The conference is being held on March 17-19, 2008 at the DoubleTree Hotel in San Jose, CA, USA.
The concentrated technical agenda of this industry conference will be showcasing technical panel discussion sessions focusing on the following topics:
- DFM: Is it Helping or Hurting?
Moderator: Ron Wilson, Executive Editor, EDN
- ESL 2.0- Is Anybody Using It 2.0?
Moderator: John Blyler, Editor in Chief, Chip Design Magazine
- Statistical Design – Solutions Searching for Problems?
Moderator: Michael Santarini, Senior Editor, EDN
Conference attendees will benefit from the interactive tutorials covering an aggregate of critical and relevant topics such as:
- The promise of high-K/metal gates – From electronic transport phenomena to emerging device/circuit applications
Presenter: Kingsuk Maitra, AMD
- Low Voltage Circuit Design Techniques for Sub-32nm Technologies
Presenter: Chris Kim, University of Minnesota
- Process Technology Development and New Design Opportunities in 3D Integration Technology
Presenter: Robert E. Jones, Freescale
- Robust System Design in Scaled CMOS
Presenter: Subhasish Mitra, Stanford University
- Caches in the Many-Core Era: What Purpose Might eDRAM Serve?
Presenter: Hillary Hunter, IBM
- Enhancing Yield through Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
Presenters: Praveen Elakkumanan, and Rajiv Joshi, IBM
- Managing early design feasibility issues through system physical prototyping
Presenter: Koko Mihan, Javelin Design Automation
- Innovations in Functional Verification Technology
Presenter: Kenneth Larsen, Mentor Graphics
- How to Determine Best DFM Practices
Presenters: Tom Jackson and Milind Weling, Cadence
- Mil/Aero/Vehicle High Reliability Design – Issues/challenges/solutions
Presenter: Chris Nicklaw, L3 Communications
- An Overview of the High Reliability Design Space
Presenter: Todd Weatherford – Naval Post Graduate School – Monterey
- Modifications and Tradeoffs in the Creation and Characterization of High Reliability IP
Presenter: Andre Reis, Nangate
These tutorials will be available for those who seek in-depth, interactive, and focused insights into these various aspects of electronic design.
Powerful Keynotes to Headline 2008 Conference
The list of plenary keynoters will offer comprehensive perspectives from design, process, and tool methodologies. Confirmed keynotes will include:
- Drew Gude, director, High Tech and Electronics Industry Solutions, Microsoft
- Rich Goldman, vice president, Strategic Alliances, Synopsys
- Sanjiv Taneja, vice president, Encounter Test Group, Cadence Design Systems
- Chandu Visweswariah, research staff member, IBM
- Robert Hum, vice president and general manager, Design Verification and Test Division, Mentor Graphics
- Antun Domic, senior vice president and general manager, Synopsys
ISQED 2008 media and corporate sponsors and support include Cadence Design Systems, Magma Design Systems, Mentor Graphics, Microsoft, Ponte Solutions, and Synopsys. ISQED 2008 is held in technical sponsorship of IEEE Electron Device Society, IEEE CASS, IEEE EDS, IEEE RS, ACM/SigDA, and in cooperation with SEMI. The conference is produced and sponsored by the International Society for Quality Electronic Design.
The International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design, is a premier Design and Design Automation conference, aimed at bridging the gap between an integration of electronic design tools and processes, integrated circuit technologies, processes and manufacturing to achieve design quality. The conference provides a design forum to present and exchange ideas and to promote the research, development, and application of design techniques and methods, design processes, and EDA design methodologies and tools that address issues which impact the quality of the realization of designs into physical integrated circuits.