Interface Masters Technologies, an industry leader and innovator in networking solutions, announced the first of its new class of Intelligent External Network Bypass systems for the In-line Network Appliance market that will be showcased at CeBIT 2008. The innovative Intelligent Network Bypass offers full Bypass functionality, without interrupting the communication session. This includes re-routing the networking traffic automatically upon the need to take an in-line network appliance off the network for maintenance, or malfunction due to software crash or power failure. The unique design brings the network reliability up to the next level and allows avoiding communication session interruptions.
“We are excited to display a wide range of innovative new products at CeBIT 2008,” said Ben Askarinam, Senior VP at Interface Masters Technologies. “Interface Masters Technologies has been a leader in the Bypass systems market for the past 6 years and has been continuously introducing new technologies to make in-line systems more efficient and reliable. The newly introduced line of Intelligent Network Bypass systems provides additional features, enhanced capabilities and most importantly provides a level of resiliency, which existing Network Bypass systems can not support.”
The Niagara 2297 Intelligent Network Bypass guarantees an uninterrupted network, in spite of power failures or system crash. This solution increases dramatically the internet service reliability and reduces the network down time. The Network Bypass system offers Service Providers the ability to proactively disconnect Networking Appliances and put them offline. This function is needed in order to update the hardware/ firmware or upload new rules and signatures, for example Intrusion Detection & Prevention, Unified Threat Management, WAN acceleration, Firewall, e-mail server, Load balancer, and VPN gateway.
The Niagara 2297 Intelligent Network Bypass is feature-rich and provides additional capabilities:
- Supports 10/100/1000 base, 1 Giga bit, TX (Copper), SX (Multi mode) & LX (Single mode)
- Supports Test Access Port (TAP), which is primarily used for optimizing the IT managers’ ability to easily and passively monitor network links
- Plug and play system installation – due to its self generating heartbeat no drivers or additional software installation are required
- Active bypass capabilities that provide maximum flexibility and guarantees an uninterrupted communication session while its passive bypass capabilities provide maximum reliability
- Two redundant external power supplies for maximum up-time
- Very low power consumption due to efficient power design
- Fanless system design, which guarantees greater reliability
- Extensive management capabilities including support for WEB GUI, HTTPS, SNMP, e-mail notifications, and Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Copper to fiber conversion capability which reduces cost of fiber optics support
The Niagara 2297 system is available now and is targeted at Internet Service Providers (ISP), Telcos, and OEMs at the critical IT sector requiring Security, UTM market, Storage Area Networks (SAN), Intrusion Detection & Prevention and WAN Acceleration. Interface Masters Technologies will showcase the new Intelligent Bypass system and its complete product lines at CeBIT 2008, Hanover, Germany March 4-8, Hall 13 Stand D34 Booth #A4.
About Interface Masters Technologies
Interface Masters Technologies is an industry leader and innovator in networking solutions. Established in 1997, in the heart of the Silicon Valley, Interface Masters Technologies, is privately held, profitable and growing at a rate of 30% per year (2004 – YTD). Interface Masters Technologies’ flagship product lines include internal, external and intelligent Network bypass and failover systems that are targeted to increase the network reliability and availability of inline networking appliances. The company offers a variety of more than 70 products based on Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, copper and fibber-optic, specifically targeted at the critical IT sector requiring Security, UTM systems, Storage Area Networks (SAN), Intrusion Detection & Prevention and WAN Acceleration appliances. Company Headquarters is in San Jose, California with offices in Hong Kong, Germany and UK.