Tensilica,® Inc. announced that many of the leading edge products on display at next week’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, (formerly 3GSM) are based on chips that include Tensilica’s Xtensa configurable or Diamond Standard processor cores. These Tensilica-enabled products include some of the most advanced, innovative consumer devices, including new cellular phones, portable music players and Bluetooth-enabled devices. Tensilica will be displaying its market-leading audio and video processor cores at stand 2.1A67 Hall 2, level 1.
Over 125 companies worldwide have licensed Tensilica’s processor cores, including the industry’s most popular audio DSP and the only programmable video engine with H.264 Main Profile support. The high volume consumer entertainment and consumer communications segments are driving the industry-wide proliferation of Tensilica’s configurable Xtensa processor family and the Diamond Standard processor family – the fastest growing standard architecture in the industry. Tensilica’s processor cores are particularly attractive to SOC (system on chip) design teams because they use less power, provide more performance and cost less than other processor cores.
Tensilica will feature two demos in its stand:
- HiFi 2 Audio Engine: This demo showcases the high-quality 24-bit sound possible with this highly efficient, low-power audio processor core. The demo supports MP3, AAC, aacPlus and WMA decode as well as SRS WOW-XT, X-Space 3D, AM3D stereo expansion and 3D effects.
- Diamond Standard 388VDO Video Engine: This demo showcases multiple H.264 Main Profile Hollywood movie trailers decoding 5.1 AAC-LC audio in a multi-channel home theater environment.
The list of exhibitors at 3GSM that either license Tensilica’s Xtensa® configurable or Diamond Standard processor cores or use Tensilica-powered silicon products from other Tensilica licensees includes: AMD, Atheros Communications, Broadcom, Cisco, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Juniper Networks, LG Electronics, Marvell, Mitsubishi, Motorola, NEC Electronics, NVIDIA, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and STMicroelectronics.
Three of the most innovative solutions on display that include Tensilica processors:
- AMD uses Tensilica’s processors for audio and video functions in the Imageon family of Media Processors, which are used in mobile phones from Cingular, Motorola, Panasonic and Samsung; and ATI Radeon graphics chips with Avivo-HD UVD technology.
- LG Electronics uses Tensilica’s processors in their mobile phones for the Korean T-DMB and European DVB-H television services.
- NVIDIA uses Tensilica processors in high-performance graphics cards and chips for cellular phones.
Tensilica will have two meeting rooms available at the conference. To set up a meeting, please email email@example.com.
Tensilica, Inc., is the recognized leader in configurable processor technology and has leveraged that technology to become the leading supplier of licensable controllers and DSP cores for mobile audio and video applications. Tensilica offers the broadest line of controller, CPU, network, and specialty DSP processors on the market today – including full software toolchain and modeling support – in both an off-the-shelf format via the Diamond Standard Series cores and with full designer configurability with the Xtensa processor family. The modern design behind all of Tensilica’s processor cores provide semiconductor companies and system OEMs with the lowest power, smallest area solutions for high-volume products including mobile phones and other consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer peripherals.
Tensilica and Xtensa are registered trademarks belonging to Tensilica Inc.