NEC Electronics America, Inc. will showcase custom silicon solutions from its gate array ASIC products in booth #301 at the DesignCon 2008 conference and exhibition, running February 4 through 7 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. As a leading gate array supplier for 25 years, and the number one supplier worldwide since 1993, NEC Electronics can rapidly manufacture custom engineering samples in as few as nine calendar days from product tape-out, with mask charges starting as low as $10,000 and unit costs starting below $1 in volume quantities. (Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.) On average, NEC Electronics tapes out more than 200 gate array designs a year worldwide.
In addition, Kazu Yamada, vice president and general manager of NEC Electronics America’s Custom SOC Solutions strategic business unit, will chair Wednesday’s plenary panel of semiconductor industry executives who will share their insights about the best ways to help customers succeed in a challenging manufacturing landscape. Titled “Navigating the ASIC Manufacturing Landscape,” the discussion will feature a “virtual ASIC RFQ” with executives from each company detailing how their respective companies would respond. The panel will be held at the Convention Center on February 6 from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. Admission to this event is available with a DesignCon Exhibit PLUS pass.
Visitors to the NEC Electronics America booth at DesignCon can:
- Learn about the potential for NEC Electronics’ gate arrays ASICs in a broad range of applications, and receive a complimentary copy of NEC Electronics’ Gate Array Idea Book for more details.
- Explore the front-end design and project management service advantages provided by Avnet Electronics Marketing.
- See gate array solutions in end-use applications such as the Crescent® OEM board from Hemisphere GPS, which features an NEC Electronics CMOS-10HD gate array.
- Schedule a lunch-and-learn meeting to discover how NEC Electronics America’s design experts can help you meet design goals through leading-edge design flows, methodologies and support services.
- Enter a raffle to win a Nintendo® Wii(tm) game console, featuring outstanding advanced graphics performance driven by NEC Electronics’ 90-nanometer embedded DRAM. The raffle will be held at 6:00 p.m. on February 6 in booth #301. Entries are limited to one per person, and entrants need not be present to win.
About NEC Electronics America, Inc.
NEC Electronics America, Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a leading provider of semiconductor products encompassing advanced technology solutions for the broadband and communications markets; system solutions for the mobile, PC, automotive and digital consumer markets; and platform solutions for a wide range of customer applications. NEC Electronics America offers a local manufacturing facility in Roseville, California, and the global manufacturing capabilities of its parent company. NEC Electronics America is also the North American marketing and sales channel, specializing in industrial applications, for active-matrix LCDs from NEC LCD Technologies, Ltd., a global leader in innovative display technologies.
NEC Electronics and NEC Electronics America are either registered trademarks or trademarks of NEC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Nintendo and Wii are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nintendo.