VaST Systems will host a seminar titled “Changing the Game, Virtually, in Fabless” on January 31 in the San Jose Convention Center Hilton from 10 am to 1:30 p.m. The seminar will provide insight and discussion in the application of virtualization technology to speed production and reduce development cost of electronic systems.
The event is cosponsored by EE Times/CMP, the Open Core Protocol, Power.org, Foundation Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, and Zen Shin Capital. The program includes a keynote address by CMP President Paul Miller on the impact of virtualization in industry and a panel discussion on design virtualization, moderated by John Barber, research director of semiconductors for Gartner and panel members:
- Mike Paczan, CTO, Power.org, IBM Systems & Technology Group
- Thierry Fautier, Director Telco Solutions, Harmonic Inc.
- Robert Cravotta, Technical Editor, EDN
- Amine Chabane, CEO Marseille Networks
- Mark McDermott, Professor of Engineering, University of Texas
- Jeff Roane, VP Marketing VaST Systems
The program will also feature demonstrations of a virtualized video processing SoC and its companion software that were developed and verified months before implementation or silicon manufacture, shortening time to market by 6-12 months. Admission to the event, including lunch is free, but space is limited.
More info: VaST Systems