Ronetix announced the availability of the new firmware of its high speed, low cost JTAG/BDM Emulator and Flash Programmer. The new firmware adds support of debugging and FLASH programming of ARM11 Processors. This includes all ARM11 CPUs with an ARM1136, ARM1156 or ARM1176 core like Freescale i.MX31. Now PEEDI can be used for high speed GNU gdb debugging and Flash Programming of all ARM7, ARM9, ARM11 and XScale based MCUs, Freescale Nexus enabled PowerPC, ColdFire and Blackfin based CPUs.
One of the popular ARM11 based CPUs is Freescale i.MX31. Because of its on-chip NAND Flash controller and the ability to boot using it, many hardware designers decided to have a system with only a NAND FLASH chip, without a NOR-FLASH. The built-in Flash Programmer of PEEDI supports programming of 8-bit and 16-bit NAND Flash devices connected to an i.MX31 CPU via the JTAG interface.
PEEDI offers various methods for ECC calculating including bad block management and clean markers: hardware ECC using the i.MX31 NAND Flash controller, standard software ECC for JFFS2, ECC for YAFFS2 and more.
PEEDI supports several flash profiles which enable the programming of a complete Linux system at once: U-BOOT, Linux Kernel and JFFS2 root file system.
Among the advantages of PEEDI are:
- Multi core support – up to 4 cores
- Built-in support for gdb (remote target via Ethernet)
- Very high real download speed – up to 1.25 Mbytes/s
- 5 kHz – 33MHz JTAG/BDM clock using 35cm standard cable
- Automatic measuring and compensating of delays in the JTAG signals
- Target Voltage 1.2V – 5V
- Built-in telnet command line interface
- Built-in very fast Flash programmer that supports over 800 Flash devices
- Can be used as a standalone Flash Programmer, up to 15 images can be stored on MMC/SD card, controlled by front panel interface
- Small robust aluminum case
- DCC over TCP support
Ronetix supplies complete software toolkits, flash programmers intelligent debug probes and development boards for the ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, XScale, PowerPC, ColdFire and Blackfin technology implementations. The Company headquarters are in Vienna, Austria. For sales information on RONETIX’s products contact firstname.lastname@example.org