Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) announced that it will introduce new solutions for 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) at the 2008 Mobile World Congress, Hall 1, Stand D45, Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 11-14. Agilent will show its newest LTE test products, including the first-to-market LTE UE development test platform with real-time protocol development tools created in partnership with Anite plc. This LTE UE platform will help R&D engineers speed development of LTE UE design for next-generation mobile communications products.
“As a leader in the measurement industry, Agilent is fully committed to providing solutions for the entire LTE development lifecycle from early protocol development through conformance test,” said Ron Nersesian, vice president of Agilent’s Wireless Business Unit. “Our newest LTE measurement solutions further demonstrate this commitment and empower engineers to stay at the forefront of this fast-evolving technology.”
Agilent will introduce the following new products at the show:
- LTE UE development test platform with real-time protocol for UE developers: These real-time protocol development tools are the first offering in a portfolio of solutions being designed around this new platform to address the entire UE lifecycle — from early development through production test. A portfolio strengthened by the combined efforts of the Agilent-Anite’s plc strategic partnership to deliver industry-leading 3GPP LTE test solutions to wireless R&D engineers designing next-generation mobile communications products.
- Design Verification and Receiver Test: Agilent’s N7624B Signal Studio for 3GPP LTE is PC-based software for creating standards-based LTE signals using Agilent’s N5182A MXG and E4438C ESG vector signal generators. It provides the ideal solution for LTE UE and base-station-component design verification and receiver test. The solution configures partially coded (e.g., physical layer) standard-based LTE test signals, which are then used to perform EVM, ACLR and CCDF measurements. Fully coded (e.g., transport and physical layer), standard-based test signals can also be configured for early receiver test using BLER.
- MIPI D-PHY Protocol Test: Agilent’s N4851A and N4861A MIPI D-PHY protocol test solution is the industry’s first test solution to address the needs of R&D engineers designing MIPI D-PHY devices. Supporting both Display and Camera interfaces, it features a configurable stimulus platform for bit-to-video level test of embedded displays, as well as real-time analysis and protocol viewing.
- Signaling Analyzer: Agilent’s protocol analyzer adds LTE and SAE technology support. The signaling analyzer software enables passive probing and analysis of LTE network interfaces. The combination of distributable hardware pre-processing with scalable software architecture that meets the current and future performance necessary for the successful deployment of an integrated LTE/SAE network system.
In addition to these new solutions, Agilent will demonstrate the following, recently introduced, 3GPP LTE solutions at the 2008 Mobile World Congress:
- LTE Option to 89600 VSA Software: The LTE option for Agilent’s 89600 VSA software provides RF and baseband engineers with the industry’s most comprehensive signal analysis solution for LTE physical layer testing and troubleshooting of LTE transceivers and components. It is the only analysis tool capable of analyzing both uplink (SC-FDMA) and downlink (OFDMA) LTE signals in a single option.
- 3GPP LTE Wireless Library: Agilent’s E8895 3GPP LTE Wireless Library provides signal processing models and preconfigured simulation setups for the ADS software. It enables designers to create and analyze spectrally correct test waveforms that comply with 3GPP requirements for LTE technology.
- LTE Connected Solutions: LTE Connected Solutions couple Agilent’s range of signal generation and analysis equipment with its ADS simulation environment to create unique test signals and analysis capabilities.
About Agilent and 3GPP LTE
While 3GPP LTE has the potential to enhance 3G networks and enable significant new service opportunities, its commercial success requires the early availability of measurement solutions that parallel the standard’s development. Agilent is leading the way with design automation tools and flexible instrumentation for early R&D design in components, base-station equipment and mobile devices. Along with its partners, Agilent plans to provide a broad, comprehensive portfolio of solutions that address the entire UE lifecycle — from early development through production test and deployment. Using knowledge gained as a member of the various standards committees, Agilent’s design engineers are developing scalable products with best-in-class measurement techniques.
Anite plc is an international IT company whose primary focus is the provision of business critical solutions based on its deep sector knowledge of the wireless, travel and public sector markets. Headquartered in the U.K., Anite employs over 1,300 staff in 12 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. The Wireless division of Anite provides test solutions to equipment manufacturers, operators and test laboratories for early handset development, integration, conformance and interoperability test through to network measurement solutions. With in-depth expertise and over 18 years’ experience in providing customer-focused solutions, Anite and its products have played a major role in the advance of the global wireless market.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company’s 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007.