FFE Software, Inc. announced immediate availability of the first release of its new Java DB — FirstSQL/J Embedded Mobile Edition. Embedded Mobile is a special packaging of the standard FirstSQL/J Java DB for a small footprint, supporting JME and suitable for other embedded configurations. Download FirstSQL/J Embedded Mobile through our Download Page.
FFE acclaimed the new product for bringing standards based database processing to embedded and mobile systems. FirstSQL/J Embedded Mobile includes full support for JME (Java Micro Edition) as well as for JSE (Java Standard Edition) in small footprint configurations. Embedded Mobile Java DB has components for both JME MIDP (CLDC) and JME Personal Profile/Basis (CDC).
Lee Fesperman, CEO of FFE Software, stated, “FirstSQL Java DB is truly Anywhere and Everywhere, from cellphones to mainframes.”
The first release of Embedded Mobile is Version 3.10, to align it with the just released Professional & Enterprise Editions.
FirstSQL/J Embedded Mobile is a complete DBMS implemented in 100% Java; it features:
- SQL92, Intermediate Level, subset of Professional and Enterprise.
- JDBC 3 Driver.
- In-Memory and Persistent modes of operation. Persistent mode uses:
- Record Management System (RMS) for JME MIDP
- Disk for JME Personal Profile and Personal Basis and for other embedded systems
- Configurations supported:
- JME MIDP (CLDC – Connected, Limited Device Configuration) using a KVM
- JME Personal Profile and Personal Basis (CDC – Connected Device Configuration) using a CVM
- Other embedded systems using a JDK 1.1 or JSE JVM, or lesser (e.g., PersonalJava)
- Utilities and APIs for executing SQL statements and for maintaining persistent databases.
- Database synchronization with external server available in beta.
About FFE Software
FFE Software has been in the database business for 18 years and is a pioneer in Object/Relational DBMSs. It develops and markets FirstSQL database products. FFE first released its advanced FirstSQL Java DB in early 2000.
FirstSQL® Registered Trademark of FFE Software, Inc. Java, JME and JSE are trademarks of Sun Microsystems.