Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ:MENT) announced details of the 6th Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF 2007) for the automotive industry. This year’s event is being held at the Hyatt Hotel, Dearborn, Michigan, on Tuesday, December 4th, 2007.
Over the last few years, IESF has become a key event for anyone involved in automotive electrical systems design and analysis, multi-technology simulation, harness engineering, or vehicle network design and test. It is also the only event that has a full day stream dedicated to wiring design and engineering issues in the automotive industry.
A full program of 25 different presentations, three streams of specialist topics, an industry panel, solutions expo, and networking events that offer managers and engineers the opportunity to explore issues, examine solutions, and network with peers.
Following an opening address by Gregory K Hinckley, Mentor Graphics president, the agenda highlights include:
- IESF Keynote: “Observations and Trends in the Automotive Electrical & Electronic Domain,” by Paul Hansen of The Hansen Report
“Methodologies for Automotive Electrical System Level Analysis; Their Advantages and Shortcomings,” by Asaad Makki of Ford Motor Company.
- “EEDS Architectural Development and Early Collaboration,” by Rick Burns of Yazaki.
- “Electronics: The New Differential in the Automotive Industry,” by Frank Winters of Delphi.
- “Architectural Requirements Trends in Automotive Network Design and Tools to meet these Challenges,” by Sri Kanajan of General Motors.
- “Institutionalizing the Capture of Knowledge for Electrical Design: The OEM Perspective,” a joint presentation by Daniel Domagalski of Chrysler LLC and Paul Duffy of Mentor Graphics.
- “Physical Layer Simulation for a CAN/FlexRay Bus Design and the Impact on Electrical Systems,” by Rainer Straschill of Berata, a consultancy engaged at BMW.
Other speakers include representatives from Aston Martin Lagonda, Siemens Automation and Drive, Agilent Technologies and Mentor Graphics. The event is free to anyone from an automotive OEM or supplier.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq:MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of over $825 million and employs approximately 4,300 people worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777.
Mentor Graphics is a registered trademark.