Concurrent Computer Corporation (NASDAQ:CCUR), a leading provider of time-critical Linux® operating systems and integrated software and computer solutions for mission-critical applications, announced that its SIMulation Workbench(TM) modeling environment is now generally available on its popular iHawk real-time Linux platforms. SIMulation Workbench provides a complete framework to develop and execute real-time hardware-in-the-loop and man-in-the-loop simulations.
SIMulation Workbench is the industry’s next-generation COTS modeling tool designed to meet the most demanding of simulation needs. Available from Concurrent as a fully-integrated test platform, SIMulation Workbench solutions improve test quality and reduces development costs. Features and benefits include:
- A Real-Time Database for fast, convenient memory-resident access to all model parameters and signals
- Flexible modeling supporting The MathWorks’ MATLAB/Simulink models
- Preserve existing and new hand-written Fortran, C/C++ or Ada code based models
- Extensive I/O support controlling thousands of I/O points with support for a large selection of COTS I/O boards
- Powerful GUIs to conveniently configure, start, stop, record and play back simulation runs
- Scripting language to control and/or change the simulation environment in real-time
- Concurrent’s RedHawk Linux real-time operating system featuring guaranteed performance determinism
- Real-time debugging using Concurrent NightStar(TM) development and analysis tools
“SIMulation Workbench was designed from the ground up based on customer and simulation market requirements,” said Ken Jackson, V.P. of Special Systems, Concurrent. “The industry has a strong need for powerful real-time simulation and testing tools that use COTS and real-time Linux technologies. We are excited about the positive reaction from our customers.”
“VDC expects an increased use of virtual prototyping methodologies,” said Matt Volckmann, Senior Analyst/Program Manager, Venture Development Corporation. “The adoption of more advanced system prototyping and simulation solutions represents a strategy for developing software more effectively and validating software/hardware interaction earlier in the design process.”
Concurrent iHawk real-time PCI-based systems are powered by up to eight Intel Xeon® or AMD Opteron® sockets and contain up to 64 GB of memory in rack mount and tower enclosures. Configurable with a wide range of commercially available components, the iHawk is the ideal platform for today’s simulation, data acquisition, process control and other time-critical applications.
Concurrent (NASDAQ: CCUR) is a leading provider of high-performance, real-time Linux software and solutions for commercial and government markets. For 40 years Concurrent’s best-of-breed products have enabled a range of time-critical solutions including: modeling and simulation, high speed data acquisition, visual imaging, low latency transaction processing and on-demand television. Concurrent’s on-demand television applications are utilized by major service providers in the cable and IPTV industries to deliver video-on-demand (VOD) and, through subsidiary company Everstream, measure the effectiveness of interactive television. Concurrent is a global company with regional offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, and has products actively deployed in more than 24 countries. Concurrent’s products and services are recognized for being uniquely flexible, comprehensive, robust and reliable.