Ronetix announced the availability of the new firmware of its high speed, low cost JTAG/BDM Emulator and Flash Programmer. The new firmware adds support of debugging and FLASH programming of TI DM644x DaVinci Processors. This includes all DaVinci CPUs with an ARM926 core, like TMS320DM6446, TMS320DM6443 and TMS320DM6441.
Now PEEDI can be used for high speed GNU gdb debugging and Flash Programming of all ARM7, ARM9, and XScale based MCUs, Freescale Nexus enabled PowerPC, ColdFire, Blackfin as well as TI DaVinci DM644x.
The DM644x devices are based on TI’s TMS320C64x+(TM) DSP core and an ARM926 processor. Because of its on-chip NAND Flash controller and the ability to boot using it, many hardware designers decided to have a system with only a NAND FLASH chip, without a NOR-FLASH.
The built-in Flash Programmer of PEEDI supports programming of 8-bit and 16-bit NAND Flash devices connected to a DaVinci CPU via the JTAG interface. PEEDI offers various methods for ECC calculating including bad block management and clean markers: hardware ECC using the DaVinci NAND Flash controller for UBL and JFFS2, standard software ECC for JFFS2, ECC for YAFFS2 and more. Another comfortable feature is the automatic generation of UBL descriptors – the file image is relocated with one NAND Flash page and the skipped page is filled by PEEDI.
PEEDI supports several flash profiles which enable the programming of a complete Linux system at once: UBL, U-BOOT, Linux Kernel, JFFS2 root file system.
Among the advantages of PEEDI are:
- Multi core support – up to 4 cores
- Built-in support for gdb (remote target via Ethernet)
- Very high real download speed – up to 1.25 Mbytes/s
- 5 kHz – 33MHz JTAG/BDM clock using 35cm standard cable
- Automatic measuring and compensating of delays in the JTAG signals
- Target Voltage 1.2V – 5V
- Built-in telnet command line interface
- Built-in very fast Flash programmer that supports over 800 Flash devices
- Can be used as a standalone Flash Programmer, up to 15 images can be stored on MMC/SD card, controlled by front panel interface
- Small robust aluminum case
- DCC over TCP support
Ronetix supplies complete software toolkits, flash programmers intelligent debug probes and development boards for the ARM7, ARM9, XScale, PowerPC, ColdFire and Blackfin technology implementations. The Company headquarters are in Vienna, Austria. For sales information on RONETIX’s products contact email@example.com