Aonix(R), a provider of solutions for safety- and mission-critical applications, announced a joint seminar series including speakers from Aonix, Wind River, Objective Interface Systems, and Verocel. The Seminar series, titled, “Trends in Critical Systems,” will cover exciting new technologies targeting the Aerospace & Defense and Security markets and will include industry standards updates affecting safety-critical certification, such as DO-178C and security systems like Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS).
The series takes into account current resources and challenges. For instance, embedded hardware is faster than ever with larger memory, graphic capabilities, multi-device interconnectivity and more compact footprint, allowing larger application execution in less physical space. Multi-partitioned RTOS solutions now allow mixing soft real-time and hard real-time applications, or enabling safety-critical applications to reside side-by-side with non-safety-oriented components in the same hardware platform. Legacy code and newer language opportunities add new complexities of intermixing and executing mixed language applications. New or enhanced standards are emerging with the potential to invalidate previously implemented systems. The seminar series tackle these kinds of complex and ever-changing systems.
Seminar series dates and locations:
- October 16 – Minneapolis, MN – Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Hotel
- October 18 – St. Louis, MO – Marriott St. Louis Airport Hotel
- November 15 – San Diego, CA – Venue to be announced
- December 4 – Washington, D.C. – Crowne Plaza Washington D.C.-Silver Spring
- December 6 – Burlington, MA – Hilton Garden Inn
Featured speakers are industry leaders and product specialists from the four participating companies including:
- Kelvin Nilsen, Chief Technical Officer, Aonix
- John Alexander, Aerospace & Defense Product Manager, Wind River
- George Romanski, President, CEO, Verocel
- Gordon Uchenick, Sr. Mentor/Principal Engineer, Objective Interface Systems
- Chris Constantinides, Senior Aerospace and Defense Systems Specialist, Wind River
- Chip Downing, Senior Industry Marketing Manager for Aerospace and Defense, Wind River
- Jack Carden, Field Application Engineer, Aonix
- Rhoda Quate, Field Application Engineer, Aonix
The seminars are no cost, full-day events and include product demonstrations. Lunch will be provided.
Aonix offers mission- and safety-critical solutions primarily to the military and aerospace, telecommunications and transportation industries. Aonix delivers the leading high-reliability, real-time embedded virtual machine solution for running Java(TM) programs deployed today and has the largest number of certified Ada applications at the highest level of criticality. Headquartered in San Diego, CA and Paris, France, Aonix operates sales offices throughout North America and Europe in addition to offering a network of international distributors.
Aonix is a registered trademark of Aonix. Java(TM) and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.