PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P. — a leading manufacturer of nanopositioning and precision motion-control equipment for bio-nanotechnology, photonics and semiconductor applications — introduces the M-122 palm-top-sized precision translation stage which combines compact dimensions, high dynamics & speed and very high accuracy at a competitive price.
Features & Advantages:
- Long Travel Range: 25 mm (1 inch)
- Very Compact: Smallest Ballscrew Stage w/ Linear Encoder: 60x86x20mm
- High Dynamics & Speed: Servo Motor Direct Drive provides up to 20 mm/sec, Significantly Better Dynamic Response than Stepper Motor Drives
- Precise: 0.1 µm Resolution Optical Linear Encoder for Higher Linearity & Repeatability
- Cross-Roller Bearings for High Load Capacity & Excellent Guiding Accuracy
- Long Life & Low Maintenance: Recirculating Ball Screw has much lower Friction than Conventional Leadscrews.
Metrology, Quality Assurance Testing, Micromachining, Photonics packaging, Fiber Positioning
Smallest Ballscrew-Driven Stage with Linear Encoder
The M-122 features a space-saving, folded drive train with the servo motor and drive screw side-by-side. Equipped with a non-contacting optical linear encoder and a preloaded, precision-ground, ball-screw, these stages can provide much higher accuracy, better repeatability and dynamic performance than conventional stepper motor stages or rotary encoder-equipped servo motor stages.
Cost Effective Controllers
M-122 stages can be driven with the low-cost, networkable, C-862 Mercury(TM) servo motor controller/driver. For multiaxis applications, the C-843 PC Board is available.
Compact XY and XYZ Combinations
M-122 stages can be combined to form very compact XY and XYZ systems.
Low Friction, High Speed, Maintenance-Free
Due to its low-friction, the backlash-free ball screw yields significantly higher mechanical efficiency than leadscrews, and allows maintenance-free, high duty-cycle operation at high velocities — up to 20 mm/sec.
PI is a leading manufacturer of nanopositioning and precision motion-control equipment for photonics, nanotechnology, semiconductor and life science applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoelectric and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 450+.