MontaVista(R) Software, Inc., the leading provider of Linux(R) for intelligent devices and communications infrastructure, announced the lineup of industry experts and special events for the upcoming Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference. Speakers will include experts from MontaVista, Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments. Special events will include an interactive multiplayer gaming competition sponsored by Sun Microsystems, and a display of the 250-horsepower Intel Chopper motorcycle, built by Intel and Orange County Choppers to showcase Intel embedded technology. Attendees for Vision 2007 can save $100, receive a $25 Starbucks card, and get a chance to win an 8GB iPhone by registering early.
The Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference will be held October 8-10 at the Santa Clara Marriott in Santa Clara, California. It is the only professionally-run conference focused strictly on embedded Linux. Developers who attend Vision 2007 will learn how to work with new technologies such as virtualization, multi-core processors, and mobile applications, will meet with other developers and industry experts, and will see the breadth of platforms and solutions available for embedded Linux development. The first day of the conference will be a Bootcamp for Beginners, a full day of classes designed to introduce RTOS developers to Linux, and to introduce Linux developers to embedded development.
Vision 2007 speakers and events will include:
- Andrew Morton, lead maintainer of the Linux Kernel, on “The Relationship Between kernel.org Development and the Use of Linux for Embedded Applications”
- Christopher Hallinan, author of Embedded Linux Primer, the number one-selling book on embedded Linux, on “Debugging Embedded Linux: Tools and Strategies”
- Jonathan Corbet, editor of LWN.net, on “The State of the Kernel”
- Dirk Hondel, CTO of Intel’s Open Source Technology Center, on “Developing in Open Source for Embedded Devices”
- Joe Rigazio, Texas Instruments general manager of DSP catalog and EEE digital signal processors, on “Driving the Future of Digital Video”
- Open source licensing authority Jason Wacha on “Open Source Licensing Review”
- Mobilinux(TM) expert Kevin Hillman on “Dynamic Power Management for Mobile Devices”
- A dinner performance by technical comedian Don McMillan
- A multiplayer interactive gaming tournament powered by six Sun Ultra 20 workstations
- A display of the 250-horsepower Intel Chopper, built by Intel and Orange County Choppers on the American Chopper TV series. The most technologically advanced motorcycle ever made, the bike commemorates 30 years of Intel embedded technology, and features a digital dashboard, GPS navigation, wireless connectivity, fingerprint recognition for security, and digital cameras that replace rear-view mirrors.
Vision 2007′s Bootcamp for Beginners provides a full day of introductory classes on embedded Linux development, and includes a luncheon book-signing and Q&A session with Christopher Hallinan, author of Embedded Linux Primer. Bootcamp attendees will receive a free copy of Hallinan’s book (a $45 value) plus $100 off admission to the remainder of the conference.
An exhibit hall will provide demonstrations of the newest developer tools, products, and technologies from MontaVista, Freescale, Intel, Texas Instruments, Sun, Trolltech, Avnet, AMCC, Aonix, ENEA, Jataayu, USI, Ulticom, VirtualLogix, Virtutech, and additional companies.
Early-bird registrations for Vision 2007 can save money, enter to win an iPhone, and receive a Starbucks gift card:
- Save $100 by registering on or before August 31 for the early bird discount of $100 off the conference registration fee.
- And get a $25 Starbucks gift card by registering on or before August 31. (Does not apply to people who attend only the Bootcamp for Beginners.)
- And get a chance to win an iPhone, as the conference gives away an iPhone a week. All attendees who register by Friday August 17 will be entered into a weekly drawing for an iPhone. (Does not include AT&T subscription.)
Quantity discounts on registration fees are available for multiple employees attending from one company. For information on quantity discounts, call Pamela Sherwood at 1 (408) 572-7212.
MontaVista Software, Inc. is the leading provider of Linux for intelligent devices and telecommunications infrastructure. MontaVista delivers a commercial-quality Linux operating system, time-saving development tools, expert support, and design and migration services. MontaVista has more than 400 partners, and thousands of companies use MontaVista embedded Linux to add functionality, increase reliability, reduce costs, and accelerate product development. MontaVista has offices in 15 countries. More information: Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. MontaVista is a registered trademark of MontaVista Software, Inc.