TeamF1, Inc., the high-performance embedded networking and security software company, announced availability of version 2.1 of AuthAgent Kerberos, the latest update to its standards-based implementation of the Kerberos(TM) V Protocol for authentication of network clients and services in embedded devices.
New features and enhancements in Kerberos 2.1 include:
- Out-of-the-box support for additional embedded operating systems including VxWorks(R), Linux(R), LynxOS(R) and ThreadX.
- Support for the latest Kerberos V and GSS-API standards including RFC 4120 and 4121.
- Support for the latest Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT) RFC 4456 when combined with TeamF1′s AuthAgent X.509 product for digital certificate management.
- Proven interoperability with Heimdal and Windows(R) Active Directory implementations of PKINIT.
- Support for PKCS#11 smartcards in PKINIT, such as Department of Defense (DoD) Common Access Cards (CAC), and a soft PKCS#11 library for development.
“This announcement illustrates our strong commitment to address specific market needs and our continuing support for leading edge standards-based technologies that help promote advanced security in the embedded space,” said Mukesh Lulla, President, TeamF1. “TeamF1 is at the forefront of making authentication technology available for embedded devices.”
AuthAgent Kerberos 2.1 is a free upgrade for all AuthAgent Kerberos customers that are covered by a TeamF1 maintenance agreement, and is also available as an authentication agent for user or administrator authentication in TeamF1′s turnkey solutions including Secure Gateway Solution and Managed Access Point Solution.
About AuthAgent Kerberos 2.1
First made available to the embedded market in early 2003, AuthAgent Kerberos has been one of the company’s leading solutions for avoiding the dangers of transmitting plain-text authentication information by providing secure authentication in networked environments. AuthAgent Kerberos can be used as a standalone authentication agent and is also pre-integrated with TeamF1′s network security protocol implementations including SSH and IPsec/IKE.
AuthAgent Kerberos finds use in the authentication of embedded devices such as workgroup routers and printers, networking and storage equipment, and remotely managed industrial control applications that require secure authentication, single sign-on capabilities and compatibility with enterprise Windows(R) and UNIX(R) authentication servers. With the enhanced features added in the new release, AuthAgent Kerberos can now also be used with smart-card authentication and on a variety of embedded operating systems.
AuthAgent Kerberos 2.1 is available as a source license under royalty-free terms directly from TeamF1 with immediate availability on VxWorks(R), Linux(R), LynxOS(R) and ThreadX platforms.
TeamF1, Inc. a privately held corporation headquartered in Fremont, California, is a leader in high performance embedded networking and security software. TeamF1′s products enable secure networking of telecom/datacom and industrial equipment, and provide the infrastructure components needed for switching and wireless products in various market segments.