TimeSys Corporation, the leading service provider to developers in the embedded Linux market, announced the availability of LinuxLink subscriptions for the new Freescale MPC8544E processor, which is a member of the Freescale PowerQUICC III family. This new LinuxLink subscription is also compatible with the Freescale MPC8533E processor.
The combination of features available exclusively through LinuxLink provides subscribers with ongoing access to the most up-to-date embedded Linux resource throughout every stage of development. Features of the Freescale MPC8544E LinuxLink include:
- A reference distribution optimized for the MPC8544E reference board that provides an excellent starting point for building a customized distribution
- The 2.6.21 Linux kernel optimized for the Freescale MPC8544E, which allows developers to take advantage of the latest advances in the Linux community
- Access to a repository of hundreds of source and binary cross-compiled packages
- An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) designed to make embedded Linux development easier
- Testing and profiling tools to streamline development processes
- Tools for cross-compiling packages, enabling customers to easily add their own applications to their customized Linux software platform
- An online environment that allows development teams to collaboratively design and build their distribution with weekly alerts to notify customers of new content and resources
- Access to extensive resources and interactive support from TimeSys
In addition to the launch of LinuxLink for the MPC8544E, TimeSys offers extensive support for other processors in the Freescale PowerQUICC family.
“The Freescale PowerQUICC III family is very popular with our customers for a variety of different uses,” said Atul Bansal, CEO of TimeSys. “With LinuxLink, developers using Freescale processors can use our tools, code, and knowledge base to quickly bring their ideas to market.”
About the Freescale MPC8544E Processor
The MPC8544E processor is designed to address the growing demand for advanced interconnect technologies. It enables increased data bandwidth and can be used for a range of devices, including network routers, industrial controllers, imaging systems and enterprise wireless access points. Power consumptions improvements allow the MPC8544E to consume only 3.75W estimated typical core power at a gigahertz operation, greatly reducing the challenges of thermal management in fanless embedded devices.
About LinuxLink Subscriptions for the Freescale MPC8544E
LinuxLink subscriptions for the Freescale MPC8455E processor are available now.
About TimeSys Corporation
TimeSys is the leading service provider to developers in the embedded Linux market, delivering LinuxLink subscriptions that empower developers to rapidly and efficiently create their own commercial-grade custom Linux platform. The continuously updated cross-compiled components, information and systems offered through LinuxLink subscriptions are aggregated from the open source community, semiconductor manufacturers and TimeSys and hosted in the LinuxLink web site.