Power.org(TM), the open collaborative organization that enables, develops and promotes Power Architecture(R) technology, unveiled a robust technical program for the first-ever vendor-neutral Power Architecture(TM) Developer Conference, to be held in Austin, Texas, September 24 – 25, 2007. More than 65 hours of technical sessions, panels, hands-on labs, poster presentations and discussions with market leaders are slated for the two-day event.
The technical program discloses new information on software development for the power architecture platform, multi-core solutions, virtualization compute-intensive solutions, and digital media, as well as an embedded perspective. Presenting companies include AMCC, CodeSourcery, Inc., Denali Software, Inc., EEMBC, Freescale Semiconductor, GE Aviation, Green Hills Software, IBM, Intrinsity, Inc., IPextreme, Mentor Graphics, Mindtree Consulting Ltd, OPSIS, PA Semi, Sona College of Technology, Technonics, Inc., Thales Computers and other members of the growing Power.org community. Note that more technical sessions, panels and labs will be added over the coming weeks.
Space is limited for all sessions, and attendees are encouraged to register well in advance. The discounted Early Bird registration closes July 15th. Registration can be completed easily online.
Sampling of Session Topics at the Power Architecture Developer Conference
- PowerPC Embedded MMU and Cache Management
- System Design with the P.A. Semi PA6T-1682M
- Chaining on-chip accelerators in Power Architecture
- Titan — An Ultra High-perf., Power and Area-efficient Core
- Digital Video Processing with Power Architecture Technology
Compute Intensive Solutions
- Optimizing Radix-2 FFT Algorithm for PowerPC Architecture
- A Soft Computing Multi-core Solution for Image Restoration
- Next Generation Multi-GHz Multi-Core Power Architecture CPU
- Performance Evaluation of SMP Power Architectures
- Design of 2GHZ High Performance Low Power Dual-core Processor
- Using the GNU Toolchain to Build Power Architecture Applications
- Unleashing the Power with Advanced Compiler Optimizations
- High Assurance Security for Power-based Embedded Systems
- Virtualization Features of PWRficient 1682M
Birds of a Feather Sessions
- Power efficient Design (Power and Thermal Considerations)
- Performance Optimization
The Power Architecture Developer Conference, with its growing list of sponsors including AMCC, Cadence, Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Mentor Graphics, and OpenSystems Publishing, was created to provide technical education and industry interaction across a wide range of interests and applications. The technical program will capture a wide range of interests and applications, encouraging the cross-pollination of ideas and the exchange of technical know-how.
The Power.org(TM) open community collaborates on hardware and software specifications, standards and solutions based on the Power Architecture(TM) platform. Power Architecture technology is behind millions of innovative products, including the world’s fastest supercomputers, leading video game consoles, and electronic systems in most of today’s car models. Every phone call, email and Web page touches hundreds of Power Architecture systems.
The Power Architecture and Power.org word marks and the Power and Power.org logos and related marks are trademarks and service marks licensed by Power.org. CELL, Cell Broadband Engine, and Cell/B.E. are trademarks of the Sony Corporation and/or the Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc., in the United States, other countries, or both and are used under license therefrom.