Trendsmedia, the Events and Publishing Division of Yankee Group Research, announced its sponsor and exhibitor list for WiMAX World Europe 2007, the world’s largest wireless and mobile broadband event focused on WiMAX. Now in its second year in Europe, WiMAX World Europe is the leading wireless broadband conference offering industry leaders a forum to discuss the latest WiMAX trends and developments. WiMAX World Europe has also made available its general session details and registration information.
“Today the pace of technological advancement is staggering. Our goal is to help executives safely navigate the latest trends that will impact their businesses,” said Eliot Weinman, conference chairman and President of Trendsmedia, the Events and Publishing Division of Yankee Group Research. “WiMAX World brings together the global wireless and mobile broadband community into one information-packed event. It is the perfect place for executives throughout EMEA to get an unbiased and balanced view of WiMAX and to meet with all the major WiMAX operators and WiMAX solution providers.”
WiMAX World Europe has grown over 50% in terms of the number of conference attendees and sponsors since last year’s sold out event. This year’s event will host over 100 corporate sponsors, associations, media channels and major analyst firms.
WiMAX World Europe will also showcase over 50 exhibitors with presentations from over 100 speakers. WiMAX World Europe sponsors include:
- Official Corporate Host – Motorola
- Premier Sponsors – Alcatel-Lucent, Intel, Nortel, Samsung
- Platinum Sponsors – Alvarion, Aperto, Nokia Siemens, picoChip, Redline, SR Telecom
- Gold Sponsors – Airspan, Beceem, Ceragon, Navini, Solectek, Telrad, Wavesat, WiMAX Telecom
- Platinum Mobile Broadband Executive Summit Sponsors – Navini, Qualcomm, Redline
- Contributing Sponsors – Comsys, PMC-Sierra, Radiocomp, Sequans, Sylantro
WiMAX World Europe keynotes, WiMAX service providers and general session speakers include:
- Jose Figueroa, Corporate Vice President, Motorola Networks & Enterprise
- Barry West, CTO and President of 4G Mobile Broadband, Sprint Nextel
- Scott Richardson, Chief Strategy Officer, Clearwire
- Bruno Potdevin, VP Advanced Business Development, WiMAX BU, Wireless Business Group, Alcatel-Lucent
- Dr. Won-Pyo Hong, Executive Vice President and Advisor, Samsung
- Peter MacKinnon, General Manager, Nortel WiMAX, Chairman of the Board, LG-Nortel Co. Ltd.
- Luis Miguel García, CEO, Iberbanda
- Giovanni Gasbarrone, Top Client-Market Development, Telecom Italia
- Joe Barrett, Director of Marketing Europe, QUALCOMM
- Tariq Qureshi, Executive Vice President Commercial (P&S), Pakistan Telecommunications Ltd.
- Gerard MacNamee, CTO, UK Broadband
- Peter Ziegelwanger, CTO, WIMAX Telecom
- Taher Bouzayan, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Tunisiana, Orascom Telecom Tunisiana
- Anand Chandrasekher, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Ultra Mobility Group, INTEL
- Ivano Costa, Innovation Technologies, Telecom Italia SpA
- Ching-Tarng Hsieh, Ph.D., Wireless Communications Technology Division, Information & Communications, Research Labs, ITRI
- Mo Shakouri, VP Corporate Strategy, Alvarion, WiMAX Forum Board Member/VP Marketing WiMAX Forum
About WiMAX World Event Series
The WiMAX World Conference and Expo brand has grown dramatically since its inception four years ago to become the world’s leading event focused on WiMAX and mobile broadband technology. In 2007, the WiMAX World event series combined will feature more than 300 industry leaders to speak in over 200 sessions, complemented by more than 300 top vendors and sponsors from around the globe displaying the latest products and services in mobile broadband and WIMAX technology. Additional featured annual programming offered includes the Mobile Broadband Executive Summit, a co-located event and Virgo publishing’s WiMAX World Award. With the support of Motorola as the official host sponsor, the WiMAX World event series expects to draw more than 10,000 executives and industry professionals worldwide.
About Trendsmedia and Yankee Group Research
Trendsmedia is the events and publishing division of Yankee Group Research, Inc. As the first independent technology research and consulting firm, Yankee Group is the most respected source of deep insight and counsel on the impact of global connectivity revolution on enterprises and consumers. Our expertise spans the technologies creating communications change, and the regions and industries affected by that transformation.