Kane Computing Ltd (KCL) are pleased to announce the latest addition to Snapshield’s range of secure communication solutions, the Snapsoft Smartphone Edition, based on the highly acclaimed Snapsoft product for Pocket PC phones.
In order to meet the different needs of diverse business users, manufactures are offering a range of mobile products and solutions. Mobile device manufactures across the board, are offering devices in the smartphone product line category, along side their higher-end PDA and Pocket PC phone models. In so doing, they are responding to a market need, where one size doesn’t fit all.
Snapshield has developed Snapsoft for Smartphone Edition to address the rapidly emerging market of advanced smartphones, which serve business users, who want the convenience and form factor of a light weight voice-centric mobile phone, along with all the essential secure voice and data capabilities.
This product provides optimized voice encryption, for secure voice calls, while continuing to provide the highest levels of secure data connectivity, for all of the other enterprise applications that run on Smartphones. These include: Internet / Intranet access, corporate e-mail access, scheduling applications, contact management applications, and the ability to view business documents in a variety of formats.
Snapsoft allows businesses and users to choose the mobile device that best meets their needs, without having to compromise on performance or security features.
Snapsoft is a voice and data security solution for GSM-based Smartphones. Available as a software download for commercially available off the shelf Smartphones and PDA/Mobile PC phones, Snapsoft is completely unobtrusive, eliminating the need for a hardware dongle or dedicated handset. Using high performance, Snapcrypt libraries Snapsoft takes full advantage of the increased processing power available in today’s Smartphones, providing a high performance solution with minimal voice latency.
Both editions of Snapsoft provide a comprehensive solution for data at rest and data in motion. Snapsoft ensures that all information residing on the device (data at rest) can be encrypted based on user-defined criteria. In addition Snapsoft offers secure data connectivity (data in motion) for all popular forms of messaging and connectivity (VPN, email, SMS, MMS, File Transfer, chat etc.).
Key benefits for both the PDA and Smartphone Editions
- Military-grade security (FIPS 140-2 level 2)
- Unobtrusive, no need for hardware dongle or dedicated handset
- Complete voice and data security solution (data at rest and in motion)
- Transparent and seamless user experience
- Support for GSM across all 4 frequencies
- Flexible integration with standard Smartphones, expands the possibilities for enterprises
- Efficient implementation of encryption algorithms, minimal impact on battery life
- Support for Snapshield’s patented point-to-multipoint technology
- Used on a standalone basis, or as part of managed secured network solution
- Advanced management features
- Remote update and maintenance capability
- Available on all popular smartphone operating systems
- Data security (SMS, MMS, chat, file transfer)
- VPN capabilities
- Contact list support
- High level encryption process, supporting unique session keys
- Authentication and access control capabilities
- Audio and visual notification of security level
- Remote parameter upgradeable
- External key Management tool (optional)
- Multi user Group Authentication using SHA-1 DTMF over secure channel
Snapshield’s products and solutions have been deployed by governments, various branches of the armed forces, first responders and businesses in over 20 countries. Snapshield’s maintains an active distribution network in North and South America, Western Europe and Asia/Pacific. Snapsoft can be used on a standalone basis, allowing point-to-point encryption between subscribers. Snapsoft can also be deployed as part of Snapshield’s managed secure communication network solutions – Snapcorp, Snapzone, and Snapshield. Snapsoft’s flexibility in integrating with standard mobile handsets, expands the range of possibilities for secure communications available to enterprises, government agencies and first-responders.
About Kane Computing Ltd
KCL has been providing Image Processing, DSP and high performance computing products for use in industry, education and research since 1987 and is a Texas Instruments Third Party Partner specialising in consultancy and advice on TI development tools/platforms and image processing applications. KCL have extensive knowledge and experience of providing video compression solutions for many industries particularly for digital video security and high quality broadcast applications. KCL has a policy of continual improvement and operates its business in accordance with the requirements of ISO9001:2000.