TimeSys Corporation, the leading service provider to developers in the embedded Linux market, announced the availability of LinuxLink subscriptions for the new Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) IXP435 processor. This processor is a new addition to Intel’s popular line of network processors and TimeSys is the only vendor to provide processor-optimized Linux packages and components for the IXP435. Through the partnership between Intel and TimeSys, customers have access to the LinuxLink service, which allows them to build and assemble their own commercial-grade custom Linux platforms based on the IXP435 processor.
In addition to the launch of LinuxLink for the Intel IXP435, TimeSys offers extensive support for other processors in the IXP 4xx product line, including the IXP425 and IXP465. TimeSys also supports Intel’s line of embedded I/O processors with LinuxLink subscriptions based on the IOP321, IOP331, IOP332, IOP342, and 80219 processors.
The combination of features available exclusively through LinuxLink provides subscribers with ongoing access to the most up-to-date embedded Linux resource throughout every stage of development. Features of the Intel IXP435 LinuxLink include:
- A special reference distribution that enhances performance and provides an excellent starting point for building a customized distribution
- The newest Linux kernels optimized for the IXP435, which allows developers to take advantage of the latest advances in the Linux community
- Access to a repository of hundreds of source and binary cross-compiled packages
- An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) designed to make embedded Linux development easier
- Testing and profiling tools to streamline development processes
- Tools for cross-compiling packages, enabling customers to easily add their own applications to their customized platform
- An online environment that allows development teams to collaboratively design and build their distribution with weekly alerts to notify customers of new content and resources
- Access to extensive resources and interactive support from TimeSys
“We are very pleased to be working closely with Intel to deliver the only Linux solution for their new IXP processor,” said Atul Bansal, CEO of TimeSys. “With LinuxLink, Intel’s customers can accelerate their development efforts and reduce their time to market.”
About the Intel IXP435 Network Processor
The Intel IXP435 Network Processor uses an Intel XScale processor with speeds up to 667MHz. It includes 2 USB 2.0 host controllers, high-speed serial and I2C interfaces, and an interface for DDR-266 MHz/DDRII-400MHz SDRAM. It is well suited for a variety of network-related applications, including modular routers for SOHO/small business/residential use, wireless gateways, network printers, and RFID readers.
About the LinuxLink Subscription for the Intel IXP435
LinuxLink subscriptions for the Intel IXP435 are available now.
About TimeSys Corporation
TimeSys is the leading service provider to developers in the embedded Linux market, delivering LinuxLink subscriptions that empower developers to rapidly and efficiently create their own commercial-grade custom Linux platform. The continuously updated cross-compiled components, information and systems offered through LinuxLink subscriptions are aggregated from the open source community, semiconductor manufacturers and TimeSys and hosted in the LinuxLink Developer Network.