Trendsmedia has announced that the 3-day conference program for the second annual WiMAX World Europe Conference and Expo has been finalized. WiMAX World Europe will take place May 29-31, 2007 in Vienna, Austria at the Austria Center Vienna. The conference program, the largest WiMAX event ever held in Europe, will focus on operators and service providers experiences with early fixed and mobile WiMAX deployments.
Trendsmedia has also announced that press registration is now open. Interested members of the press who wish to attend, can email their credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org or see below for more details on how to register as a member of the press.
According to conference co-chair, Berge Ayvazian, Chief Strategy Officer, Yankee Group, “The highly anticipated WiMAX technology is now a reality, with already over 200 service providers around the world starting to build networks based on fully standard WiMAX and mobile WiMAX equipment. WiMAX is creating a new competitive force in mature telecoms markets and is accelerating broadband availability in underserved areas. We are pleased to welcome over 25 leading operators and service providers from around the world who will be discussing their current and future WiMAX network deployment business plans.”
WiMAX World Europe offers a comprehensive 3-day program that includes over 90 thought leading experts. Experts from the entire WiMAX ecosystem are participating, including service providers, incumbent operators, technology manufacturers who are the fore-front of the WiMAX revolution, as well as the world’s leading independent analysts. This exciting program aims to unveil an unbiased and balanced view of WiMAX business cases, technology trends, deployments, municipal broadband applications and spectrum regulation.
The depth of information provides an invaluable one-stop shop for the media to meet with operators, service providers and vendors seeking knowledgeable viewpoints on this exciting technology. Some of the keynotes and presenters include:
- Luis Miguel García, CEO, Iberbanda
- Scott Richardson, Chief Strategy Officer, Clearwire
- Barry West, Chief Technology Officer, Sprint
- Tariq Qureshi, Executive Vice President Commercial (P&S), Pakistan Telecommunications Ltd.
- Jose Figueroa, Corporate Vice President, Motorola
- Caroline Gabriel, Co-chair, Research Director, Rethink Research
- Berge Ayvazian, Co-chair, Chief Strategy Officer, Yankee Group
- Dov Bar-Gera, Chairman, WiMAX Telecom Austria
- Mo Shakouri, VP Corp Strategy Alvarion, WiMAX Forum Board Member, WiMAX Forum
- Dr. Won-Pyo Hong, Executive Vice President and Advisor, Samsung
- Anand Chandrasekher, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Ultra Mobility Group, Intel Corporation
- Peter MacKinnon, General Manager, Nortel WiMAX, Chairman of the Board, LG-Nortel Co. Ltd.
- Bruno Potdevin, VP Advanced Business Development, WiMAX BU, Wireless Business Group, Alcatel-Lucent
Other service providers speaking include Altitude Telecom, Arab Telecom, FON Europe, Iberbanda, Irish Broadband, London Connect, Macedonia Connect, Max Telecom, Orascom Tunisia, Ozone, Pakistan Telecommunications, Saga, SferaNet, Swisscomm, Telecom Italia, The Cloud, UK Broadband, Ukrainian High technology, Wateen Telecom, Worldmax BV, WiMAX Telecom, WiSOA.
The WiMAX World Europe Expo also features over 50 exhibitors, which is the largest exposition of WiMAX manufacturer’s, system integrators and other wireless and mobile broadband solution providers ever held in Europe.
The official corporate host is Motorola. Premier sponsors include Alcatel-Lucent, Intel, Nortel and Samsung. The official endorsing association is the WISOA (WiMAX Spectrum Owner Alliance). WiMAX World Europe is also endorsed by ETSI, ISPA, Wi-Fi Alliance and BWA. Other major speakers, sponsors and exhibitors include AT4, Alvarion, Aperto Networks, Ceragon, ETSI, Innovation and Technology-Austria Regulator, Navini, NextNet, Nokia Siemens Networks, PicoChip, Redline Communications, Sequans, Wavesat, ITRI and many others. Premiere Analysts include Rethink Research and Yankee Group. The Research Sponsor is ABI Research.