ADLINK Technology Inc. introduces a new industrial microATX motherboard supporting the Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo processor which improves performance and lowers power consumption up to 40%. The on-board LGA 775 socket supports the higher clock speeds of the Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo processor.
The M-946 FSB supports speeds of 533MHz, 800MHz, and 1066MHz, the fastest speed currently available. Combined with dual channel DDR2 memory at 533/667MHz, the M-946 provides all the necessary bandwidth for high-speed SMT inspection systems, automation and industrial control applications.
With a resolution up to 1600×1200 DVI, up to 1200×900 LVDS, and an x16 on-board PCI Express expansion slot that supports alternative graphics add-in cards, the M-946 is well-suited for high resolution applications such as those in the gaming industry. Further expansion options include one PCI Express x1 slot and two PCI slots for a variety of peripheral devices.
Communication interfaces for the M-946 industrial ATX motherboard include: two on-board Intel(R) 82573E GbE controllers supporting 10/100/1000Base-T dual Gigabit Ethernet via x1 PCIe Bus for a fast network connection, eight USB 2.0 ports for additional peripherals, and support for serial, parallel, and GPIO low speed external device connections.
- LGA775 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo, Core(TM) Duo, Pentium(R) D, Pentium(R) 4, Celeron(R) D processor with 533/800/1066MHz FSB
- Intel(R) 945G + ICH7 chipset with Dual-Channel DDR2 667/533MHz
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports via x1 PCIe Bus
- Rich display interfaces of VGA, DVI, LVDS and x16 PCIe graphics card
Price and Availability
The M-946 comes in two configurations:
- M-946: MicroATX LGA775 Intel Core 2 Duo industrial MB, 945G + ICH7, dual-channel DDR2, GbE, PCIe x16/x1, priced at US$445
- M-946L: MicroATX LGA775 Intel Core 2 Duo industrial MB, 945G + ICH7, dual-channel DDR2, dual GbE, DVI/LVDS, CF, priced at US$495
About ADLINK Technology
ADLINK Technology is a leading manufacturer of high-performance, high-quality PC-based add-on cards for the test & measurement, automation and process control industries. ADLINK is also quickly emerging as a leader in industrial computing products with innovative passive backplane and CompactPCI platforms. ADLINK products are globally marketed through direct sales offices for OEM customers and an extensive network of worldwide sales channels.
The company has over 30% of its employees in research and development for the following product groups:
- Test & Measurement: NuDAQ Series of ISA/PCI/cPCI/USB data acquisition and communication cards, NuDAM Series of remote data acquisition modules and DAQBench Active X Controls for visual programming and control
- Automation: Motion controllers in cPCI/PCI/PC104 form factors and wire-saving high-speed I/O technology for real-time control applications
- Computer & Communication: CompactPCI and PXI computing platforms in both 3U and 6U form factors and PCI-X of PICMG single board computers in half and full-size versions