Kane Computing Ltd (KCL), the UK Distributor for Spectrum Digital Inc., is pleased to announce the availability of a new boundary scan software package that supports and enhances the capabilities of the Spectrum Digital XDS510USB PLUS JTAG emulator. The new DiaTem Debugger software has been created by Temento Systems, a leading supplier of boundary scan test software.
Using the XDS510USB PLUS JTAG emulator and the DiaTem Debugger, the designer can now test the most critical portions of their target board that are connected via boundary scan logic. This strongly decreases the number of variables in the debug activity, allowing to converge more rapidly in an efficient debug phase. To achieve this, the new XDS510USB PLUS JTAG emulator, with configurable EMU0/1 pins, provides the link between the DiaTem Debugger running on the HOST PC and the DSP on the target board.
The DiaTem Debugger can be used to initially bring up the target board efficiently and rapidly. The DiaTem Debugger software allows the designer to describe his board in a few clicks and apply all Automatic Test Pattern Generators (ATPG) for JTAG devices and clusters for non-JTAG devices. This allows the detection and diagnosis of the most frequent board failures to ensure that the processor can reach all the memories and peripherals prior to loading any functional test code on the board. The database of the board is automatically generated by DiaTem Debugger and is usable by other DiaTem stations to develop more tests; custom tests as well as run FPGA and Flash programming.
Key Components of the DiaTem Debugger Toolset
The DiaTem Debugger provides the following features:
- Boundary Scan chain Checker and a BSCAN Chain debug wizard tool
- An interactive board debugger allowing the designer to check and/or force logic levels on any pin of his JTAG compliant devices
- A net navigator providing cross checking between JTAG cells, device pins and net name
- A large set of cluster generators to exercise automatic test vector generators to control connectivity with JTAG and non-JTAG components
- A GUI to quickly design and run these tests without tedious programming
- An immediate test appliance capability for rapid iterations
- Compatibility with existing DiaTem JTAG testers with upgrade capability
Key Features of the XDS510USB PLUS JTAG emulator
The new XDS510USB PLUS JTAG emulator has the following features:
- Supports TI’s DaVinci(TM) technology, OMAP(TM) technology, TMS470 platform of ARM7(TM) family-based general purpose processors (GPPs), TMS320C6000(TM) DSP platform, TM320C64x(TM) DSP generation, TMS320C5000(TM) and TMS320C2000(TM) DSP platforms
- Compatible with Code Composer Studio(TM) Integrated Development Environment, SFflash, and DiaTem Debuggers
- Advanced emulation controller provides higher performance
- Compatible with USB 1.x and USB 2.x (high speed)
- Supports +1.8 to +5volt JTAG interfaces
- Programmable TCK up to 32 Mhz
- ARM Ltd. Style Adaptive clocking support
- Pin control over EMU0 and EMU1 for different debug modes
- Compatible with Windows(R) 2000 and XP Operating Systems
About Kane Computing Ltd
KCL has been providing Image Processing, DSP and high performance computing products for use in industry, education and research since 1987 and is a Texas Instruments Third Party Partner specialising in consultancy and advice on TI development tools/platforms and image processing applications. KCL have extensive knowledge and experience of providing video compression solutions for many industries particularly for digital video security and high quality broadcast applications. KCL has a policy of continual improvement and operates its business in accordance with the requirements of ISO9001:2000.
About Temento Systems SA
TEMENTO SYSTEMS S.A. is an innovative provider of Test, Debug and Verify Solutions for FPGA, System On Chip (SoC), Boards and Hardware Platforms. TEMENTO SYSTEMS products are used by different functional teams (Development, Industrialization, Manufacturing, Maintenance) and in major companies from various industrial sectors worldwide: Semi-conductor, Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace.
About Spectrum Digital, Inc.
Spectrum Digital is the leading provider of JTAG Emulators and DSP Targets for TI DSPs. For over 21 years Spectrum Digital has been providing microcontroller and DSP design solutions to customers worldwide. With a complete surface mount manufacturing facility in house, high quality, timely delivery, and competitive prices are assured.
About the Texas Instruments DSP Third Party Network
Spectrum Digital and KCL are members of the TI DSP Third Party Network, a worldwide organization of independent companies that offer products and services supporting TI DSPs. TI third parties provide expertise across a variety of applications, including audio, control, telecom, video and imaging and wireless communications. Third party products and services include a broad range of application software, development hardware and software, and consulting services that support original equipment manufacturers’ efforts to bring differentiated products to the market quickly.