Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) announced that its industry-leading programmable logic solutions for enabling broadcast applications, will be showcased at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Conference, April 16-19, 2007 in Las Vegas. Xilinx will conduct live demonstrations of its solutions including connectivity, video over IP, and advanced video development platform. Private demonstrations of Xilinx solutions are available to members of the media upon request by contacting the Xilinx public relations department.
Xilinx Solution Demonstrations – Booth SU14609
- 3G-SDI & Dual Link HD-SDI: Demonstration of daisy chain boards highlighting the flexibility and interoperability of Xilinx broadcast solutions for Dual Link HD-SDI and 3G-SDI SMPTE emerging standards. Implementation on Xilinx Virtex(TM)-5 LXT FPGAs enables transfer of uncompressed 1080p50/60 video into and out of a variety of broadcast applications and translation and bridging between various standards.
- Video over IP with Forward Error Correction: Demonstration of bridging between multiple DVB-ASI input streams and Gigabit Ethernet IP packets, as well as forward error correction to ProMPEG CoP3 based on Xilinx Virtex family of FPGAs. This reprogrammable platform can bridge between IP networks and traditional broadcast connectivity standards, ultimately lowering the risks involved in rolling out triple and quad-play capabilities.
- Advanced Video Development Platform (AVDP): Demonstration of PCI Express(R) compliant cards based on Xilinx Virtex-5 LXT/SXT FPGAs, developed by partner Image Processing Techniques, Ltd. Platform enables a standard PC to support professional broadcast quality video processing. The platform is capable of streaming uncompressed video via 3G-SDI, Dual Link HD-SDI, HD-SDI, SDI and DVB-ASI connectivity to and from the PC. Broadcast quality scaling and deinterlacing IP (bundled with the board) will also be demonstrated.
- H.264 HD Encode & Decode with Streaming over RTP: Demonstration of licensable IP cores developed by 4i2i Communications, Ltd. Featuring real-time HD H.264 Main Profile encoding and high profile decoding targeted for Xilinx Virtex-5 LX FPGAs. Both cores deliver a high-performance, high quality solution for many compression and transcoding requirements across the broadcast industry.
- SD H.264 Main Profile Encoding: Xilinx and Ateme will demonstrate a compact, fully programmable, real-time broadcast-quality SD H.264 Main Profile encoding solution based on a Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGA.
About Xilinx in Broadcast
Xilinx is the worldwide leader in programmable logic solutions offering a wide array of solutions for the broadcast industry, ranging from video, audio and network connectivity, real-time HD video processing and high speed DSP for transmission and modulation. Xilinx offers reference designs and IP cores as building blocks for complete broadcast systems.