Atmel(R) Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML), a global leader in the development and fabrication of advanced semiconductor solutions, and Micrium, a leading provider of high- quality embedded software components, announced that Micrium now supports Atmel’s full line of AT91SAM7 and AT91SAM9 ARM(R)-based microcontrollers. Included are Micrium’s real-time operating system (RTOS), TCP/IP stack, file system and embedded GUI and USB applications.
“Embedded peripheral support is critical to obtaining the highest performance from our microcontrollers,” stated Jacko Wilbrink, Marketing Manager for Atmel’s ARM-based microcontrollers. “Significantly, Micrium is the first RTOS supplier to offer support for Atmel’s peripheral DMA controller (PDC).”
Ports of Micrium’s available embedded components for Atmel processors, including uC/OS-II, uC/TCP-IP, uC/FS, uC/GUI, and uC/USB, can be found online.
Supported microcontrollers include Atmel’s AT91SAM7S, SAM7X/XC ARM7TDMI- based products, in addition to AT91SAM9260, SAM9261 and SAM9263 based on the ARM926EJ-S(TM) processor.
“Having existing ports of proven and reliable embedded components adds tremendous value to product developers when evaluating which microcontrollers to implement,” stated Jean Labrosse, president and CEO of Micrium. “Atmel offers the industry a number of high-performing and innovative ARM-based products and Micrium is pleased to support Atmel products with the highest- performing embedded components in the marketplace.”
Micrium Embedded Components
Micrium products that support Atmel microcontrollers include:
- The uC/OS-II RTOS is a highly portable, ROMable, scalable, preemptive, real-time, multitasking kernel. uC/OS-II is written in ANSI C. uC/OS-II meets the demanding requirements of the RTCA DO-178B standard for software used in avionics equipment.
- uC/TCP-IP is a compact, reliable, high-performance TCP/IP protocol stack. Built from the ground up to be both scalable and highly reliable, uC/TCP-IP enables the rapid configuration of required network options to minimize time-to-market.
- uC/FS is a file system for embedded applications offering a high-performance library that can be used on any media for which you canprovide basic hardware access functions.
- uC/GUI is designed to provide an efficient, processor and LCD controller-independent graphical user interface (GUI) for any application that operates with a graphical LCD.
- uC/USB allows you to quickly and painlessly develop software for an embedded device to communicate with a PC via USB.
Atmel is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry’s broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions. Focused on consumer, industrial, security, communications, computing and automotive markets, Atmel ICs can be found Everywhere You Are(R).
Micrium provides high-quality embedded software components by way of engineer-friendly source code, unsurpassed documentation and customer support, The company’s world-renowned real-time operating system, the Micrium uC/OS-II, features the highest-quality source code available for today’s embedded market. Micrium’s products consistently shorten time-to-market throughout all product development cycles.
Atmel(R), logo and combinations thereof, Everywhere You Are(R) and others, are registered trademarks or trademarks of Atmel Corporation or its subsidiaries. ARM(R) is a registered trademark of ARM Limited.