Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX) announced that its full range of embedded processing and XtremeDSP(TM) solutions, including new silicon and software products debuted for the first time, will be showcased at the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) in Silicon Valley. Featured events include hands-on workshops, technical presentations and product demonstrations.
The Xilinx-hosted workshops enable designers to experience first-hand the power and flexibility of Xilinx Virtex(TM) and Spartan(TM) Platform FPGAs for embedded system and DSP applications. Industry experts from Xilinx and its ecosystem partners are also presenting ESC technical sessions on multi-processor architectures, reconfigurability for embedded system development, high-speed communication protocols, and high-performance DSP design.
Pre-Register Now for Free, Hands-On Workshops
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Xilinx workshops, ESC attendees are urged to sign-up in advance for the 90-minute workshops. Contact Xilinx via the website or visit the Xilinx registration desk at ESC booth #724 to be added to the onsite wait list:
- Build Customized DSP/Microprocessing Systems Tailored for Your Application
Video over Ethernet (VOE) IP camera system design implemented with Xilinx MicroBlaze(TM) soft processor and System Generator for DSP design suite.
Tuesday, April 3rd at 9:00 am, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm & 4:30 pm
- Build Custom MicroBlaze Processing System and uClinux Kernel in Minutes
MicroBlaze hardware system targeted for networking applications using Xilinx Platform Studio tool suite. Free giveaway drawing at each session.
Wednesday, April 4th at 10:00 am, 12 noon, 2:00 pm & 4:00 pm
- Implement PowerPC System with Floating Point Co-Processor On Virtex-4 FX FPGA
PowerPC(TM) system with floating point coprocessor created using Xilinx Platform Studio design suite. Free giveaway drawing at each session.
Thursday, April 5th at 9:00 am, 11:00 am & 1:00 pm
In-Booth Theater Presentations Every 30 Minutes
Informative theatre-style presentations in Xilinx booth #724 with special guest speakers, including Jeff Bier of Berkeley Design Technology, Inc.
- Why Xilinx “IS” Processing
- New XtremeDSP Solutions from Xilinx
- How to Build an Embedded System in Just 15 Minutes
- Developing a uClinux and Soft Processing Systems
- Embedded Systems Fast Through Advanced Modularity
Product Demonstrations in Xilinx Booth #724
- New XtremeDSP Solution Targets WiMAX Applications
- XtremeDSP-Powered Surveillance Solutions
- Configurable Dual PowerPC Processors Expand Embedded Performance
- Flexible MicroBlaze Microcontroller Solution
- Integrated and Scalable High-Performance Programmable PCI Express(R) Solutions
- Award-winning Embedded and Digital Signal Processing Design Environments
Technical Conference Papers
- Introduction to VHDL
ESC-130: 4/2, 1:00pm-4:30pm, Avnet
- Using FPGAs as Coprocessors for DSP and Image Processing
ESC-263: 4/3, 4:30pm-6:00pm, Impulse Accelerated Technologies
- Designing with Dynamically Reconfigurable FPGAs
ESC-264: 4/3, 4:30pm-6:00pm, Xilinx
- System Integration and Interfacing to High-Speed Serial Protocols with FPGAs
ESC-302: 4/4, 8:30am-10:00am, Xilinx
- Prototyping and System Design with FPGAs, Part 1
ESC-342: 4/4, 2:00pm-3:30pm, Avnet
- Prototyping and System Design with FPGAs, Part 2
ESC-362: 4/4, 4:30pm-6:00pm, Avnet
- Reconfigurable Accelerated Computing: A Software Programming Approach
ESC-360: 4/4, 4:30pm-6:00pm, Celoxica
- Shop Talk – Embedded Processing in FPGAs
ST-3: 4/5, 7:15am-8:15am
- Accelerating System Performance with FPGA-Centric Hybrid Multi-Processing
ESC-446: 4/5, 2:00pm-3:30pm, Xilinx
World-Class Xilinx Embedded Ecosystem
- Celoxica (Booth #1438)
RCHTX acceleration board with Xilinx Virtex-4 devices implements co-processing user logic and system communication interfaces.
- CriticalBlue (Booth #1926)
Cascade tool accelerates embedded software by generating programmable, application-optimized coprocessors with Xilinx Virtex and Spartan FPGAs
- Lauterbach (Booth #2138)
Trace32 debugger demonstration running on Xilinx Virtex-4 FX12 platform
- LynuxWorks (Booth #1330)
Embedded Linux 2.6 solutions for PowerPC and MicroBlaze processing designs
- Mentor Graphics (Booth #1708)
Nucleus/EDGE IDE demo running on Xilinx Platform FPGA
Xilinx is the worldwide leader in complete programmable logic solutions.