TimeSys Corporation, the leading service provider to developers in the embedded Linux market, announced the availability of LinuxLink subscriptions for the AMCC (NASDAQ:AMCC) 440EPx processor. This LinuxLink is the result of a partnership between TimeSys and AMCC to deliver LinuxLink subscriptions optimized for AMCC processors. LinuxLink by TimeSys is the first commercial offering to support the majority of embedded developers who build and assemble their own commercial-grade custom Linux platforms. By delivering on-demand access to continuously updated processor-optimized Linux packages, components and tools, engineers benefit from a rich development environment and community support.
The partnership between TimeSys and AMCC allows customers of AMCC’s popular PowerPC-based processors to use LinuxLink to build an enterprise-ready custom Linux platform. In addition to the new support for the 440EPx, TimeSys offers LinuxLink subscriptions for many other AMCC processors, including the 405EP, 405GP, 405GPr, 440EP, 440GP, 440GX, 440SP and 440SPe.
The combination of features available exclusively through LinuxLink provides subscribers with ongoing access to the most up-to-date embedded Linux resource throughout every stage of development. Features of the AMCC 440EPx LinuxLink include:
- A special reference distribution that enhances performance and provides an excellent starting point for building a customized distribution
- Several different kernel versions, including 2.6.19, which allow developers to take advantage of the latest advances in the Linux community
- Access to a repository of hundreds of source and binary cross-compiled packages
- An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) designed to make embedded Linux development easier
- Testing and profiling tools to streamline development processes
- Tools for cross-compiling packages, enabling customers to easily add their own applications to their customized platform
- An online environment that allows development teams to collaboratively design and build their distribution with weekly alerts to notify customers of new content and resources
- Access through the LinuxLink Developer Network to extensive resources and interactive support from TimeSys and the embedded Linux community
“We are delighted that TimeSys has released LinuxLink for the new 440EPx processor,” said Charlie Ashton, director of software at AMCC. “Many of our customers have told us that they are interested in using LinuxLink so we are confident that this support from TimeSys will enable us to expand our customer base for the 440EPx.”
“Over the past several months, we have seen strong customer response to LinuxLink subscriptions for the 405 and 440 series of processors from AMCC,” said Joseph Raffa, CEO of TimeSys. “With its small size and low power requirements, the 440EPx is a great processor for a wide range of embedded applications and we expect significant interest in LinuxLinks for it.”
About the AMCC 440EPx
With speeds of up to 667 MHz, support for floating-point operations, USB 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, security and NAND Flash interfaces, the PowerPC 440EPx embedded processor, with it’s low power dissipation and small footprint is ideally suited to a wide range of high-performance applications, including imaging, industrial control and networking.
About the LinuxLink Subscription for the AMCC 440EPx
LinuxLink subscriptions for the AMCC 440EPx are available now.
About TimeSys Corporation
TimeSys is the leading service provider to developers in the embedded Linux market, delivering LinuxLink subscriptions that empower developers to rapidly and efficiently create their own commercial-grade custom Linux platform. The continuously updated cross-compiled components, information and systems offered through LinuxLink subscriptions are aggregated from the open source community, semiconductor manufacturers and TimeSys and hosted in the LinuxLink Developer Network.