The Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Consortium is sponsoring its annual CEO Forecast and Industry Vision panel. During this major industry event, five CEOs will discuss trends affecting the EDA industry and offer insights on growth for the upcoming year.
This distinguished panel includes the following CEOs:
- Aart de Geus, chairman and CEO of Synopsys, Inc.
- Michael J. Fister, president and CEO of Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- Alan Naumann, president and CEO of CoWare, Inc.
- Walden C. Rhines, chairman and CEO of Mentor Graphics Corporation
- Scott Sandler, president and CEO of Novas Software, Inc.
“Each year, the EDA industry experiences notable changes in technology and business dynamics,” said executive director of the EDA Consortium, Robert Gardner. “This annual event is a must for industry leaders, analysts, VCs and key stakeholders. In one short evening, you can network with key players in our industry during the reception and then gain insights about industry trends from an illustrious panel of CEOs.”
“The EDA industry in 2006 did substantially better than it had in the first half of the decade. We will explore the reasons for that performance, and how or why it might be expected to continue,” commented Jay Vleeschhouwer, Managing Director, Merrill Lynch.
This CEO panel will address the following topics:
- Impact of semiconductor trends on the future of EDA, such as addressing manufacturing at 65 nanometers and below.
- Changing EDA industry dynamics beyond what was considered “core” just a few years ago.
- Emerging semiconductor intellectual property (IP), Design for Manufacturing (DFM), low power design methodologies, and electronic system level (ESL) market segments in EDA – the opportunities and challenges.
- Trends in mergers, acquisitions and going public.
The event details are as follows:
February 22, 2007
Techmart, Silicon Valley Room
5201 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA, 95054
Reception 6 PM
Panel 7 PM
Q&A (30 Min.) 8 PM
No charge for EDA Consortium members, OCP-IP members and the press.
Admission is $50 for non-members, payable at the door or online.
This event typically sells out. Please reserve your seat by registering online.
About the EDA Consortium
The EDA Consortium is the international association of companies that provide tools and services that enable engineers to create the world’s electronic products. EDA is the critical technology used to design electronics for the communications, computer, space technology, medical and industrial equipment and consumer electronics markets among others. For more information about the EDA Consortium contact EDA Consortium, 111 West Saint John Street, Suite 220, San Jose, Calif. 95113, USA, office 408-287-3322, fax 408-283-5283.