WIN Enterprises, Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of embedded controllers and platforms for OEMs, announces the MB-06058, a single board computer (SBC) that features the high performance, dual-core Second-Generation AMD Opteron(TM) processor. This first of its kind platform for the embedded computing market delivers up to 2.6GHz of performance on a PICMG 1.3 form factor. The Second-Generation AMD Opteron processor is designed to provide industry-leading performance-per-watt and outstanding virtualization capabilities. It is also presents OEMs with a seamless upgrade path to AMD’s native quad-core processors.
The WIN Enterprises MB-06058 is designed for intense parallel processing applications, such as aerospace, defense, scientific, medical imaging and ultra-low latency communications. It enables high-density computing in compact platforms. The MB-06058 can be further augmented with a stackable HyperTransport(TM) card to support additional memory or another dual-core Second-Generation AMD Opteron processor.
- Second-Generation AMD Opteron Processor
- High performance with up to 2.6GHz processing speed
- Offers reduced power consumption (within a 95W envelope) and low heat production
- Designed for seamless migration from today’s 32-bit software to 64-bit applications
- Dual-core computing with upgrade path to native quad-core processor solutions
- PICMG 1.3 form factor: 13.330″ x 4.976″; 33.86 cm x 12.64 cm
- Configure with a single dual-core CPU or use optional daughter card to support another dual-core Second-Generation AMD Opteron(TM) processor
- NVIDIA nForce(R) Professional 2200 chipset
- 2 memory slots providing up to 8GB; optional 4 slots/16GB
- Standard IDE interface
- Customize board for specific OEM requirements
“We are excited to be first to offer an embedded computing solution for OEMs that features the Second-Generation AMD Opteron processor,” said Bill Cronin, VP of Sales & Marketing at WIN Enterprises. “The MB-06058 fits perfectly into WIN Enterprises’ strategy of aggressive innovation by offering a high-performance, small form factor SBC with low power needs and low heat production.”
“WIN Enterprises’ expertise in the x86 market provides OEMs with designs to address the increasing needs of the embedded market,” said Greg White, vice president, Embedded Computing Solutions Division, AMD. “AMD and WIN Enterprises continue to work together to provide embedded designers more options to help reign in costs and speed their time-to-market.’”
Pricing and Availability
Evaluation units and pricing for the MB-06058 will be available March 15.
About WIN Enterprises, Inc.
WIN Enterprises is a product development company that designs and manufactures customized x86-based embedded systems and embedded controllers / motherboards. Founded in 1991, WIN Enterprises has developed several reference designs for leading microprocessor companies, as well as customized set-top boxes, rack-mounted appliances, and other electronic products for OEMs. WIN Enterprises has facilities in the United States, Taiwan, China, Italy, and India – which enables cost-effective design, manufacturing, and fulfillment services for corporations around the world.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof, and AMD Opteron are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.