Enea (Stockholm: ENEA.ST), a world leading provider of network software and services, announced a breakthrough solution to two of the biggest challenges facing the future of mobile video — service integrity and availability. The Enea Accelerator Platform(TM) enables network equipment and service providers to deliver the always-on connectivity and enhanced quality of service demanded by consumers of third screen multimedia services like VoIP, IPTV, broadband Internet access, gaming, and streaming video.
At 3GSM this year, Enea, together with partners Kontron, MontaVista and Tail-f, will roll out the first components of its new Accelerator Platform, which is already in the early stages of deployment at a leading provider of mobile multimedia services. Enea will demonstrate the new platform and provide an advance look at the future of network convergence at its “Screening Room”, which is located in Suite HS08 in the Gallery at the top of Hall 3 overlooking the central FIRA courtyard.
“Third screen consumers will not tolerate low-quality connections the way that they tolerate dropped calls today,” said Virginia Walker, senior vice president of corporate strategy and marketing at Enea. “They expect continuous, anytime, anywhere connections with high-quality, uninterrupted music, games, video conferencing, and television, all delivered over the mobile third screen. Enea’s Accelerator Platform provides the foundation for these reliable, high-quality connections,” added Walker. “Our technology is already deployed in half of the world’s new mobile phones and basestations. And we are the only vendor that provides a proven software framework for deploying high-availability, high-quality, converged third screen services that span multiple product segments across network infrastructure and mobile handsets.”
The Enea Accelerator Platform is a carrier class software platform for quickly building high-availability, highly differentiated network equipment that delivers uninterrupted, high-quality multimedia services over IP networks. Featuring best-in-class networking, supervision, fault management, device management, and database management services, this flexible, reusable platform enables equipment makers to build scalable, upgradeable, “five nines” equipment that greatly reduces CAPEX and OPEX for service providers.
The Enea Accelerator Platform is the first carrier class platform that scales from handsets to network infrastructure equipment. This end-to-end, fault-tolerant platform can be used throughout the network, from media gateways, basestation controllers, and session border controllers, to optical trunking systems.
The Enea Accelerator Platform consists of:
- Element(TM): a high availability middleware framework for developing, deploying and managing distributed applications
- LINX(TM): inter-process communications (IPC) services for creating complex distributed applications that function as if they were running on a single processor
- Polyhedra(TM): a high-performance database system for managing real-time system-wide application data
- Integrated networking and security protocols designed specifically for high availability applications
- A carrier grade Linux real-time operating system that enables flexible development of distributed, fault-tolerant applications demanding the utmost in reliability, security, and availability
- An integrated suite of tools for developing, deploying, debugging and upgrading application software
- World class adaptation, training and high-availability design services delivered by a renowned team of telecommunications experts
Enea (Stockholm: ENEA.ST) is the leading supplier of real-time operating systems, middleware, development tools, database technology and professional services for high-availability systems such as telecommunications infrastructure, mobile devices, medical instrumentation, and automobile control/infotainment. Enea’s flagship operating system, OSE(TM), is deployed in approximately half of the world’s 3G mobile phones and base stations. Enea has over 500 employees and is listed on the Nordic Exchange.
Enea Acclerator Platform, Element, LINX, Polyhedra and OSE are registered trademarks of Enea AB or its subsidiaries.