Strategic Test Corporation has announced availability of the TRITON Development Kit-4 (TDK-4) based on the Marvell XScale PXA320 processor. The TDK-4 is supplied with both Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 and Linux 2.6.17. The Kit allows early adopters of the new processor to rapidly climb the steep learning curves that can be associated with the adoption of brand new microcontrollers. The core of the TDK-4, the TRITON-320 SODIMM module, can be directly designed into new systems enabling fast time to market.
The TDK-4 module uses the 806 MHz TRITON-320 processor, 128 MB SDRAM and 64 MB Flash memory.
The TDK-4 is a complete development solution that includes:
- 6″ x 4″ carrier board
- TRITON-320 806 MHz PXA320 SODIMM module (128 MB SDRAM and 64 MB Flash memory) preloaded with Linux or WinCE
- Software CD with operating systems and tools
- Comprehensive manual that contains the carrier board schematics
- Cables and 220/110 VAC power supply adaptor
- 12 months technical support with free software updates
The carrier board includes:
- Socket for TRITON-320 SODIMM
- UCB1400 CODEC and touchscreen controller
- Compact Flash and SD/MMC socket
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
- USB 1.1
- 3 RS232 and a JTAG interface
- LCD and VGA connectors
- Wide range 5V to 40VDC power supply that is protected against in-vehicle transients
Price of the TRITON Development Kit-4 is $4250 and includes both Linux and Windows CE 6, 12 months technical support and 24 months warranty.
About Strategic Test
With offices in Woburn (MA) USA and Stockholm Sweden, Strategic Test is one of the leading suppliers of PXA270 and PXA255 Development Kits and SODIMM modules worldwide. The company released the world’s first PXA255 embedded CPU module in 2002 and followed this with the first and smallest PXA270 modules in 2004. The company also offers custom design services.